Department of Political Science
The University of Houston
447 Philip Guthrie Hoffman Hall
Houston, TX 77204-3011
Tel: (713) 743-3890
Fax: (713) 743-3927
- See the graduate director on a regular basis.
- Take the core courses during your first year.
- Make "normal progress" toward your degree.
- Maintain at least a B average.
- Avoid incompletes-finish every course.
- Take enough hours to complete the degree in a timely fashion.
- Take advantage of departmental opportunities:
- Apply for TA Assistantship.
- All TAs are eligible for assistance to attend conventions.
- Find a mentor-a faculty member who can help guide you through the program.
- Get involved in the departmental brown-bag lunches and other seminars by visiting scholars.
- Get to know other students. Remember, if you are not having fun, you are doing something wrong.