[New EAB coming this Fall 2022!]
The mission of the UCS Employer Advisory Board (EAB) is to actively support University Career Services, as the comprehensive career center, in achieving its mission and strategic goals. The EAB members will provide guidance and perspective to the ever-changing college recruiting environment while contributing in meaningful ways through student programming and by providing industry recommendations.
Goals of EAB
The UCS, Employer Advisory Board brings together professionals whose expertise and feedback will:
- Improve UH student and alumni career preparedness by providing insight and access into equitable hiring trends and workforce needs through panels, meet & greets and participationg in UCS prep weeks.
- Advance the mission of UCS in providing Tier One, Career Services to all constituents across campus by developing new partnerships and collaborations.
- Provide opportunities for UH students and alumni within their organization, through experiential learning opportunities such as internships, externships, job shadowing and through career fair participation and/or full-time hiring.
Board Member Benefits
- Enhance and build your organization’s brand visibility with UH students, alumni, faculty and administration
- Meet and work closely with EDR staff to streamline your recruiting and outreach strategies
- Develop contacts for accessing key talent for internships and employment opportunities
- Build knowledge of current higher education landscape and upcoming hiring trends
- 1 customized resume book per semester (up to 500 students)
- Website recognition (during duration of term) and social media acknowledgement (once per year)
- *Headlining sponsor in 1 Career Development or 1 Diversity Event
- *Acknowledgement at the annual Summer Employer Summit
*If providing sponsorship at level 1 ($500), these items are included as EAB member benefits.
Board Member Participation Requirements
- Meet three (3) times per term with the entire board, to discuss trends and early access to events
- Attend two (2) events per term (1 fall / 1 spring), to recruit or network with students and alumni
- Communicate trends, ideas and insights to the UCS Leadership team as necessary
- If providing sponsorship, help coordinate event details with UCS team
- Provide headshot, bio and company logo for website
- Actively offer recruitment opportunities for UH students and alumni through job postings, event participation or connections
Term & Commitment
- Board members must commit to a one academic year (August 1, 2022 – July 31, 2023)
- A total of 8-10 board members will be selected each academic year.
- The board will meet at least three (3) times per academic year (Fall, Spring and Summer) either virtually or on the UH campus. The Summer meeting will be hosted in-person to close out the Board efforts and achievements.
How to get started
- Email Caitlin Deis at email@example.com with interest
- Commit to participate by July 25, 2022
- Official announcement and launch will happen August 1, 2022