- BIOL 6120: Responsible Conduct of Biological Research
Graduate course geared primarily to the life sciences, offered in the fall. The content and format of the course closely follow NIH guidelines for instruction in the responsible conduct of research. Faculty/staff/post-doctoral students are welcome to audit sessions. Contact Dr. Amy Sater.
- OPTO 5250: Seminar in Scientific Investigation (Only offered during the Summer)
Summer research trainee program for Optometry, specific to NEI T35 requirements. Room for others to audit upon approved request. Contact Dr. Laura Frishman or Renee Armacost.
- PSYC 6337: Grant Writing
Psychology grant writing course with a guest lecture by DOR/RIO on RCR
- SOCW 8327: Grant Writing
Graduate College of Social Work grant writing course with a guest lecture by DOR/RIO on RCR
- POLC 6372: Research Ethics
Graduate course to introduce research ethics and address current issues in research ethics, research misconduct issues, responsible conduct of research, and how ethics are used for policy development and research design. This course will address topics relevant to research in diverse fields, including engineering, physical sciences, and the biomedical and social science.
- CITI RCR Training
- Online presentations (RIO presentation recordings, Webinars)
- College of Pharmacy presentation: “Plagiarism” 4/13/2022
- Civil and Environmental Engineering presentation: “Responsible Conduct of Research” [Data acquisition, management, sharing and ownership, Authorship, Research Misconduct) 12/16/2021
- Civil and Environmental Engineering presentation: “Ethics and Scholarly Research”(Plagiarism) ( abstract) 1/25/2019.
- ASBMB: American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 2/21/2019
Lab basics: Introduction to responsible conduct of research – Dr. Suzanne Barbour.
- APTR: Association for Prevention Teaching and Research 6/16/2017
Research Ethics - Matthew L. Boulton, MD, MPH.
- M.D. Anderson Cancer Center (MDACC)
On the MDACC website, scroll down to the Monthly Event to find the RCR seminar schedule at MDACC.
- Gulf Coast Consortia (GCC)
The Rigor and Reproducibility workshop and additional workshops in other RCR areas are offered from time to time. Contact the GCC directly to sign up for GCC Newsletter.
- Houston Methodist Hospital
The Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) Seminar series covers a rotating selection of important topics for researchers engaged in basic, translational, animal and clinical research. For additional information please contact Pat Weitzel ( email@example.com).