Transfer of Courses - University of Houston
Skip to main content

Transfer of Courses

  • A maximum of 66 lower-division (freshman/sophomore) courses can be transferred into UH. If you transfer more than 66 hours of lower division course work to the University of Houston, we will use the courses that most closely apply to your degree when making your degree plan. If you prefer that we use different courses to apply to your degree, meet with your academic advisor to submit a petition for this request.
  • Not all courses taken at other colleges and universities will transfer to UH. Courses are evaluated to determine their equivalency to UH courses.
  • When submitting transcripts to UH, it is best to have them submitted electronically.
  • For additional information on the transfer of credits to UH, please see Transferring College Credit on the Office of Admissions website.

Online Transfer Credit Petition eForm Submission

Students who want to petition for transfer credit should fill out the Online Transfer Credit Petition eForm. Students must submit a course syllabus, a course description and other supporting documentation along with the form. NOTE: Students are encouraged to use their UH email alias as their contact email.

The NSM Undergraduate Advising Center will forward the petition to the appropriate department or college for evaluation. Undergraduate transfer petitions take approximately 2–4 weeks to review.

An advisor's recommendation to submit a petition does not imply that the petition will be approved. The petition is not approved until the college dean's representative or, for some petitions, the representative of the university Provost’s Office has approved the petition.

Instructions for Online Transfer Credit Petition eForm