University Commencement Ceremony
College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
Spring 2021 – May 17, 2021
Date: Monday, May 17
Time: 10 a.m.
Location: TDECU Stadium, 3875 Holman St
The University Commencement Ceremony for the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics will include all Spring 2021 bachelor’s, master’s and Ph.D. degree candidates from the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics.
The University is planning safe and socially distanced, in-person commencement ceremonies. Updates will be posted on this page and the UH Commencement page.
Ceremonies will be live-streamed for those who are unable to join in person. Watch Ceremony Live Stream
Please note that ceremony dates, times and formats are subject to change.
TDECU Stadium, Clear Bag Policy
TDECU Stadium enforces the UH Clear Bag Policy to ensure safety of guests and graduates. Items such as backpacks, purses and diaper bags are not permitted, and guests are strongly encouraged not to bring any bags to the facility.
The following items will be permitted at TDECU Stadium:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 12 inches x 6 inches x 12 inches.
- 1-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc or similar).
- A small clutch purse no larger than 4.5 inches x 6.5 inches, with or without a handle or strap. These small clutches are subject to search.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection at the gate by arena personnel.
Based on current capacity and social-distancing guidelines, tickets will be required for graduation candidates and their guests. All guests will be required to wear a mask at the ceremony.
Each graduate will need a ticket to enter TDECU Stadium. Graduates will also be allowed up to four (4) guest tickets, no exceptions. All guests, regardless of age, will need a ticket. This includes infants and lap children. Once a ticket bar code is scanned at the venue entrance, duplicate bar codes will not be valid.
The ticket link and instructions are available on the UH Commencement page. Students will obtain the tickets for their guests and will need to use their PeopleSoft number to access the ticketing system. The deadline to acquire tickets is Monday, May 10, at 5 p.m.
Information for Graduation Candidates
All graduation candidates will be individually recognized and will walk across the platform when their names are called. All students will be required to wear a mask at the ceremony. If you plan to wear a face shield, you must wear a mask with it. Each graduate will need a ticket to enter TDECU Stadium.
Cap and Gown
Graduation candidates will wear regalia (cap and gown) at the ceremony. For questions or to purchase or rent regalia, please contact the UH Bookstore at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 713-741-7095.
Arrival Time University Commencement for NSM – Graduation Candidates
- Bachelor’s Degree Candidates: Must arrive at 8 a.m.
- Master’s and Doctoral Degree Candidates: Must arrive at 8:30 a.m.
Graduate check-in will be outside the UH Football Indoor Practice Facility located at the corner of TDECU Stadium near the Stadium Parking Garage. Only graduating students will be allowed in the graduation candidate entrance.
Information for Guests
Arrival Time University Commencement for NSM – Guests
Admission gates to TDECU will open at 9.a.m., one hour prior to the start of Commencement. Guests will need to wear a mask and follow the guidelines provided in the clear bag policy. Tickets are required for entry.
Umbrellas are prohibited inside the stadium. In case of inclement weather, rain ponchos are recommended. The concession stands will be open and selling water, soft drinks and snacks.
If one or more of your guests has an impairment, special seating can be arranged for them. Please follow the instructions below to make sure your guests are taken care of:
- Make your ADA reservation request for special seating by sending an email to email@example.com.
- State the name(s) of the guest requiring special accommodations, the ceremony they will be attending, and the nature of the impairment (mobility, hearing, sight) so we know where to place your guest.
- Only one (1) other person will be able to sit with the impaired person. The rest of your guests will sit in their assigned seats.
- Persons who have special seating reservations will need admission tickets, too. The tickets will come from the allotment that each graduation candidate receives.
- The deadline to reserve space for impaired guests is Monday, May 3.
Parking – Students and Guests
There is significant construction on Cullen Boulevard. Guests and graduates are encouraged to use Scott Street to reach the TDECU Stadium Garage, located at 3875 Holman Street (Holman Street off Scott Street). Parking in the garage is complimentary.
Ceremony for 2020 Graduates
A separate ceremony for May, August and December 2020 graduates will be planned later in the year.
NSM’s 2020 Graduation Celebration (Spring, Summer and Fall Grads)
The 2020 NSM Graduation Celebration video and Reading of Graduate’s Names is available on this page.
View NSM’s May 2020 Graduation Celebration video here.