The Hazard Communication Program describes hazardous substances used in each workplace, a system of labeling containers, Safety Data Sheets for each hazardous substance used, and a comprehensive training program for employees who use hazardous materials.
EHS has compiled some additional resources to further enchance the University's understanding and adoption of Hazard Communication Act standards.
Safety Data Sheets (SDSs)
- EHS SDS Resources
- Compare MSDS and SDS formats (External: OSHA)
- Section-by-Section Information (External: OSHA)
- Globally Harmonized System (GHS) SDS Brief (External: OSHA)
- GHS Pictograms and Explanations (External: OSHA)
- Example Annotated Labels (External: OSHA)
- GHS Labels and Pictograms Brief (External: OSHA)
- NFPA 704 "Fire Diamond" to GHS Quick Reference (External: NFPA)
- UH EHS (online & instructor-led) Training Opportunities
- Training Requirements and Example Records Page (External: TxDSHS)