Parent-to-Parent Services for Families of Children with special health care needs
Families CAN - a family support services program that promotes inclusion in the community for families who are raising a child or a young adult with special health care needs.
Family Support Partners - are parents of children/young adults with special health needs. This program will provide services that will enhance the family’s quality of life and promotes community inclusion. The end result? Parents gain access to community and state resources and valuable knowledge needed to enhance the quality of life of their child/young adult and family.
Free Services Provided
- Information & Referrals.
- Quarterly Newsletter
- Bilingual and translation services
- Email updates on Community wide & recreational events
- Website Access
- Family enrichment events
- Educational Trainings & Parent Conferences
- Parent support/education groups
- Medical Home Education
- Presentations & Trainings
- Financial support – registration for camps or sports & recreational activities, fees
- After school programs (YMCA, Boys Club)
- Adopt A Child Holiday Program
- Donated goods & supplies
- Transition Workshops & Resource Fair
- Education on transition from Adolescence to Adulthood services
- Outreach activities
- Promote Community Collaboration
The Families CAN Program is funded by the Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Systems Development Group, Title V Maternal and Child Health, Texas Department of State Health Services.
For more information, contact:
Shelley Townsend (713) 743-5491