Skip to main content

Undergraduate Admissions

For incoming students to UH, admission to the College of Education programs is handled centrally. 

Current UH students who are interested in declaring a major or minor within the College of Education should make an appointment with an undergraduate advisor.

Incoming freshmen should begin their application to the College of Education, by applying as a freshman at the University of Houston. Once admitted, please review the Recently Admitted Students Checklist.

Students transferring to UH’s College of Education from another university should begin the process by applying as a transfer student at the University of Houston first. Review the Recently Admitted Students Checklist for a complete guide to applying to the University.

Once accepted, New Student Orientation is mandatory for all incoming freshmen and transfer students with less than 15 hours of transferable credit. All transfer students with more than 15 hours of transfer credit are asked to attend Advising and Registration for Transfers. Sign up for orientation immediately after you receive your acceptance package.

Current UH students should contact an undergraduate advisor directly in order to request admission to a particular program. Please explore our degree programs to find out more about what we offer. Please note that each program has a minimum GPA requirement for admission.

How to officially change your major