(Click here for additional information on CLASS Academic Suspension criteria and procedures.)
Readmission Processes & Deadlines:
- For information on former student admissions processes, criteria and deadlines, visit: www.uh.edu/undergraduate-admissions/apply/former-student-admissions/.
- Students are required to apply for readmission using the Apply Texas Application and submit all credentials by the readmission deadline.
- This ensures students will have an official, complete academic record, including any transfer work attempted while suspended.
- Deadlines, procedures as well as a links to specific requirements for all colleges for readmission from suspension will be found at www.uh.edu/undergraduate-admissions/apply/former-student-admissions/.
- Readmission to the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences is not granted for the summer semester.
- CLASS Admissions Criteria
- Once your application is complete through UH Main Campus Admissions, you will be emailed a notice from admissions regarding the timeline in which you will receive a status update on the college review for the major you applied for.
If the preliminary CLASS decision is approved:Student will be required to schedule a readmission appointment with their intended CLASS major advisor.
A CLASS Readmission Agreement/Contract will be required which will include additional requirements, including, but not limited to, mandatory meetings with LAUNCH (Learning Advancements for UNdergraduate Cougars of Houston) and a career counseling session with UCS (University Career Services) to discuss academic and career goals.
- Student must have no financial balance due or financial holds on their UH records.
- Documents required, including but not limited to:
- Statement of Readiness
- Unofficial transcripts from other institutions which must have been already submitted to UH Main Campus by student
- Completed CLASS Readmission Agreement application
- 100 percent of coursework during the term of acceptance must be in the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, and at least 50 percent must be in the intended CLASS major. Non-compliant courses may be dropped with no guarantee of refund.
- Readmission is neither automatic nor guaranteed.