- You are a first time in college freshman (FTIC) in your first semester.
- You have earned less than a 2.0 semester GPA (below a C average) in your first semester of enrollment at UH.
- You have 29 or less total semester hours of credit.
- This is not probation, and you CANNOT be suspended at this time.
- Academic Notice applies only to your first semester. If you do not earn a cumulative GPA of 2.0 during your second semester, you will be placed on academic probation.
- Mandatory advising is required prior to enrollment for students on academic notice or warning.
- A mandatory advising stop will be placed on your record for each semester when your cumulative GPA falls below 2.0.
- You can enroll in no more than 13 credit hours each semester (fall or spring) until your cumulative GPA is at least 2.0.
- You can enroll in no more than 5 credit hours in Summer Session 2 or Summer Session 4, or 10 credit hours in Summer Session 1 or Summer Session 3.
- Your records will be checked in the first week of each term, and If you enroll in more than the allowed credit hours, you may be dropped from courses in order to bring your credit hour total within the allowable totals. You will not be guaranteed a refund, and you may not have time to choose your own adjustments if you do not do so prior to the first day of the term.
Students with MORE than a 13 month interruption in enrollment
- If you are ready to return after an interruption of at least four terms, or 13 consecutive months, you will need to apply for readmission as a former student. Regardless of academic standing, you will need to meet re-entry requirements and deadlines and pay the readmission application fee in order to be readmitted and enroll. Former undergraduate students who have questions pertaining to readmission should contact an academic advisor of their intended UH major.
- For information on former student admissions processes, criteria and deadlines, visit: www.uh.edu/undergraduate-admissions/apply/former-student-admissions/