The College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences (CLASS) is the heart of the University, dedicated to spurring intellectual curiosity, creativity, and transformative education. Encompassing humanities, social sciences, and health sciences, CLASS is truly a mosaic of disciplines that broaden perspectives, inspire potential, and advance possibilities yet unimagined.
UH POSTPONES SPRING COMMENCEMENT
The University of Houston has postponed Spring 2020 commencement ceremonies due to the global COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic and restrictions on event sizes. The ceremonies will be rescheduled for late summer or early fall when local, state and federal restrictions allow and when it is safe for our University community to come together again.
The University of Houston recognizes that commencement is a joyous time and an incredible accomplishment to be celebrated by our graduates and their families. UH will immediately begin planning a postponed commencement for spring 2020 graduates as soon as health conditions and guidelines allow.
We will continue to keep our graduates and UH community informed as these plans are developed.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com.
For more information visit UH Commencement
Strengthen Your Immune System with Home Exercise
UH Psychology Professor Offers Remedies for Cabin Fever
UH COMD Speech-Language Pathology Graduate Program Rises in 2021 National Rankings
UH Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program Ranked Among Nation’s Best
UH History Professor to Speak at New York Times Event
Hispanics/Latinos Underrepresented in Alzheimer’s Disease Research
UH Adaptive Athletics Hosts 2020 Cougar Open
Study: Inequality Between Men and Women Dramatic In Houston-Area
Hispanic Studies doctoral students receive national acclaim
Visiting Scholar Brings Expertise on Brazilian Literature, Film, and Culture
Announcing CLASS 2019 Distinguished Faculty Award Recipients
Distress Tolerance Plays Role in Alcohol Use and Abuse Among Firefighters
Lifelong Learner Among Fall 2019 Graduating Class
Center for Arab Studies Director Receives National Education Award
Swept Up in Emotion: Italian Researcher Reflects on the Flooding in Venice
Students and Faculty Provide Speech, Language and Hearing Services in Belize
FEATURED EVENTS: Events are canceled through the end of April.
CLASS MEDIA MENTIONS 2020
- The New York Times Martin V. Melosi, Ph.D., Cullen Professor Emeritus of History, Center for Public History
- Patch Dietrich Vollrath, Ph.D., Department of Economics
- Self Magazine Rheeda L. Walker, Ph.D., Department of Psychology
- The Washington Post Mark A. Goldberg, Ph.D., History
- TODAY Rheeda L. Walker, Ph.D., Department of Psychology
- Los Angeles Times Rheeda L. Walker, Ph.D., Department of Psychology
- Talking Points Memo Andrew Joseph Pegoda, Ph.D., WGSS
- TIME Andrew Joseph Pegoda, Ph.D., WGSS
- Houston Chronicle Nicolás Kanellos, Ph.D., Hispanic Studies
- History News Network Andrew Joseph Pegoda, Ph.D., WGSS
- KRIV FOX 26 Jim Granato, Ph.D., Political Science
- Salon Andrew Joseph Pegoda, Ph.D., WGSS
- KHOU-11 Jeremy Bailey, Ph.D., Political Science
- The Washington Post Andrew Joseph Pegoda, Ph.D., WGSS
- Houston Chronicle Emran El-Badawi, MCL
Facts & Figures
- 2,000Course Offerings
- 688Faculty Members
- 70+Degree Offerings
- 13Academic Departments