M.A. Applied Economics Program Scholarships
Please note that M.A. Applied Economics candidates are not eligible for fellowships or assistantships. There are a small number of $1000 annual masters program scholarships available to highly-qualified applicants. Selection criteria include quality of previous academic record, GRE scores, and potential for excellence in the field. All masters applications submitted by April 15th will automatically be considered for a scholarship.
Ph.D. Program Fellowships
The faculty in charge of the Ph.D. graduate admissions determine who to nominate for fellowships based on the following criteria:
- Applicant's academic record at the previous undergraduate and/or graduate programs.
- Applicant’s performance on exams such as the Graduate Record Exams and TOEFL. The Quantitative section of the GRE is heavily weighted.
- Applicant’s letters of recommendation and the qualifications of the letter writers.
- Applicant’s demonstrated interest in obtaining a doctoral degree evidenced by their statement of purpose.
- Applicant’s demonstrated interest in obtaining a doctoral degree evidenced by participation in activities that will increase chances of success in the program. These activities may include, but are not exclusive to, taking post-baccalaureate courses in mathematics and statistics and/or participating in programs such as the American Economic Association Summer Program and Minority Scholarship Program.