The University Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic: A United Way agency (USLHC) provides services to infants, children, and adults with speech, language, and/or hearing impairments. The agency is partially funded by the United Way of Greater Houston and staffed by professionals certified in audiology and speech-language pathology. Communication services, including testing and treatment, are provided by graduate clinicians under the supervision of certified and licensed speech-language pathologists. These services are offered in-person at the clinic or via telepractice, whereby therapy is delivered online in the client's home, school, or any setting where high-speed Internet is available. Hearing services are provided in-person by a certified and licensed audiologist.
Equitable Treatment Services at the USLHC are available to all people, regardless of race, creed, gender, or national origin. All clinic staff, faculty, and graduate clinicians are committed to promoting and affirming diversity and respecting individuals' dignity and worth regardless of their gender expression and identity, ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, age, disabilities, religious beliefs, and socioeconomic status.
The clinic is open and currently offering select services in-person and other services via telepractice. The health of our community is critical, and the following precautions are followed routinely:
- Frequently touched surfaces are cleaned and disinfected often throughout the day.
- Equipment used for therapy, including furniture, instruments, and toys, are cleaned and disinfected after each session.
- Clients complete a COVID and temperature screening before entering the clinic, and appointments are rescheduled if necessary.
- All clinicians, clinical educators, faculty, and staff adhere closely to CDC guidelines to ensure a safe environment for all.
- Visual reminders regarding steps to protect others, such as frequent hand washing, social distancing, and wearing a mask, are posted around the clinic.
To schedule an appointment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (713) 743-0915. Note there are risks inherent in communicating via email. By emailing the clinic at email@example.com, you acknowledge the risks and choose to communicate with the USLHC via email. The clinic is open Monday through Friday, 09:00 am to 5:00 pm.
This clinic offers services on a sliding scale to clients who are eligible for reduced fees.
Click here for the Fee Reduction Application form
Community Outreach Program
The USLHC provides contracted screening and intervention services in various community locations in the Greater Houston area, including charter schools, public schools, and service centers. Interested agencies are encouraged to contact the University Speech-Language-Hearing Clinic to discuss contracting arrangements by calling (713) 743-0915.