In keeping with our commitment to community engagement, we are proud to host a Community Events page on our website. The events and opportunities listed on this page have been shared with the Graduate College of Social Work from our alumni, field agencies, community partners and GCSW friends. It is our hope that you will view this page as a resource for opportunities to participate in events offered throughout the community including many which offer CEUs. Check this page often as events are frequently added.
To post your organization's event please send your event flyer to email@example.com
*Please note: Due to the volume of requests, we cannot respond to individual email submissions. However, we may contact you if more information is needed.*
- ONGOING: Online Course - Domestic Violence: Understanding the Basics by the National Online Resource Center on Violence Against Women
- ONGOING: Online Course - Free Online Continuing Education Module: Access to Cancer Care for Low-Income & Uninsured Patients
- ONGOING: Professional Association of Social Workers in HIV & AIDS (PASWHA) Member Recruitment
- ONGOING: Adolescent Social Anxiety Study Recruitment
- ONGOING: Fellowship in Child Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- ONGOING: Apollo 20 Fellowship Opportunity
- ONGOING: Bo's Place Volunteer Facilitator Recruitment
- ONGOING: Houston Psychoanalytic Society 2016-2017 Program
- ONGOING: UTHealth Free Fall 2016 Seminar Series: The History and Culture of Disease and Healing
- September 16, 2016: Bo's Place - Good Grief: Understanding and Supporting the Bereaved
- September 15, 2016: Listening to Those We Serve: A Multi-Faith Workshop on Abuse Within Families
- September 23, 2016: Third Annual Latino Health Summit
- October 4, 2016: A Call to Coaches: Developing Young Men of Character
- October 5, 2016: Houston Psychoanalytic Society Presents: Hatred and Its Rewards with Glen Gabbard, M.D.
- October 8,2016: Gulf Coast of Texas African American Family Support Conference
- October 14, 2016: Hispanic Family and Fatherhood Conference
- October 17-18, 2016: 12th Annual Breast Health Summit
- October 27, 2016: Harris County Domestic Violence Coordinating Council Lunch and Learn: Findings from the Death Review Team
- November 3, 2016: Harris County Child Abuse Task Force: Is There a Compass? Navigating Cultural Conflict from Forced Marriage to Sexual and Domestic Violence
- November 19, 2016: TMC Serves: One Day. One Event. One Purpose.
- December 12, 2016: Resilience: The Biology of Stress and the Science of Hope