USSEC exists to support the UHS mission by recognizing staff as an integral part of UHS, to promote UHS staff issues through a positive and meaningful exchange of ideas, to provide a positive collaboration between campuses concerning staff issues, and support the need for system wide staff development.
Our purpose is:
- To serve as a system-wide forum for staff to work together to find mechanisms for addressing staff issues at all UHS component campuses
- To represent each UHS staff councils or associations to the Chancellor and the Board of Regents as needed
- To advise the Chancellor on issues of importance to system wide staff
- To assist the UH System in the selection of staff to serve on task forces, committees, and subcommittees
- To serve as the appropriate staff body for the discussion of UHS governance
- To provide recommendations concerning UHS policies and procedures that affect staff system wide
The University System Staff Executive Council (USSEC) Constitution was accepted and approved July 19, 2006.
The USSEC Constitution (PDF file) is available for download.
The University System Staff Executive Council (USSEC) By-Laws were approved on June 17, 2014.
The USSEC By-Laws (PDF file) are available for download.
USSEC (University System Staff Executive Council) meets quarterly, in conjunction with the UHS Board of Regents meeting.
UH Staff Council Hosts USSEC Quarterly Meeting
Over 20 Staff Council representatives from the UH System universities (UH, UHCL, UHD, UHV) met in person and virtually on Friday, March 25, 2022, at the University of Houston campus. Chancellor Renu Khator and Senior Vice Chancellor Raymond Bartlett shared welcoming remarks.
Staff Council Representation in USSEC
Staff Council has four representatives on USSEC, including the President, the President-Elect, and two members elected by Staff Council.
USSEC Council Websites
Following are links to the USSEC Member Councils of the University of Houston System universities: