Skip to main content

Online Program Availability

Within the United States

The University of Houston is a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements (NC-SARA) and currently has an online education agreement with most states. Please verify if your state is listed prior to completing an application. If you do not see your state of residence on the list, please contact us with any questions.

Outside the United States

At this time, the Graduate College of Social Work Online MSW Program does not have the capacity to support students residing outside the US., except for students on a U.S. military base.

State Licensing Information

The University of Houston Graduate College of Social Work is a CSWE accredited program. As a graduate of the University of Houston Graduate School of Social Work, you will meet the degree requirements to become licensed in the State of Texas. If you plan to obtain a license upon graduation, please review the additional state-specific requirements listed on the document below.  You can also select a state to be directed to the state’s licensing board for more information, such as applications and licensing exam dates.

Social Work State Licensing Information