The Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the University of Houston offers its seminars on most Friday afternoons during the fall and spring semesters. For more information regarding seminars please visit the seminars resource page.
Time:Seminars are held on most Fridays 11-12 PM. Before the seminar, a coffee time will be held from 10:30 to 11 AM.
Location: SR1 634. A campus map - http://www.uh.edu/maps/buildings/?short_name=SR
Assistance with Speaker Setup:An EAS TA is assigned the task of: providing lapel microphone and making a sound check, providing remote slide changer with built in laser pointer, and loading the speaker’s slides. For the Spring 2019, semester this person is: Ekenem Adigwe (enadigwe@Central.uh.edu )
Responsibilities of EAS faculty host listed:
- Send and confirm with the speaker this schedule;
- Explain to the speaker that their talk should not exceed 45 minutes in length;
- Arrange with EAS admin the speaker's travel if required and insure that the speaker signs any needed paperwork with the EAS admin;
- Send out note to all EAS faculty on the Monday of that week a sign up sheet for meeting or meals with the speaker based on his or her available time in EAS; Coordinate any special needs of the speaker including transportation and arranging group meals;
- Arrange a meeting with the speaker and student TA at least 30 mins before the talk in room 116 to insure that the talk is set up;
- If for any reason the host is absent, he or she would need to arrange an alternative EAS faculty member to act as host and perform the above duties.
Fall 2019 Seminar Schedule
|23-Aug||FIRST WEEK - NO TALK SCHEDULED|
|18-Oct||Vanessa Caicedo||UMBC||Y. Wang|
|1-Nov||Beizhan Yan||Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory / Columbia University||Y. Wang|
|8-Nov||Songqiao Shawn Wei||Michigan State||Seismic imaging of partial melting in the Tonga mantle wedge||Wu|
|15-Nov||Derek Thorkelson||Simon Fraser University||The Precambrian Secrets of Yukon||Wu|
|22-Nov||Meenakshi Wadhwa||Arizona State University||Lapen|