The guidelines set forth below are for push notifications in the UH Go mobile app. The UH Go mobile app is the official university app for the University of Houston. It is the one-stop shop for all app functions to the university’s audience: students, faculty, staff and visitors. UMCMR helps manage the app brand, user experience (including navigation and content hierarchy) and notifications.
Push notifications are a useful communication tool to get a timely message into the hands of our users.
When a user allows us to send push notifications through the app we can send the following types of notifications*:
- General push notifications – notifications sent through the app to all users
- Persona-based – notifications sent based on personas
- Geo-location based – notifications based on where the phone is located (user has to have location enabled)
- ID based – notifications based on an identifier, like class, major, etc.
- UMCMR must approve all messages sent
- UMCMR will manage the push notifications and frequency
- 1 Notification General Message will be sent in the morning
- 1 Notification General Message will be sent in the afternoon
- Targeted messages will be sent at the discretion of UMCMR
Request a push notification
- Request for notifications must be made 2 weeks in advance
- Requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include the following with your request
- Type of notification being requested
- Message (under 220 characters) with clear call to action