Skip to main content


Please visit the B-1 Business Visitor section for general information about the B-1 classification.  This section contains answers to specific B-1 situations. Questions and answers in this section are in no particular topic order.

Q: My I-94 card says B-2 but my visa stamping says B1/B2. Can I perform B-1 activities?

A: If your I-94 card says B-2, it means that you’re only permitted to engage in B-2 activities (tourism). Your I-94 card must say B-1 for you to engage in B-1 activities in the U.S.