Skip to main content

EB-3 Professional

This information is for the University of Houston hiring departments who have hired or are interested in hiring a foreign national. This information does not constitute legal advice.

This category is available to individuals in professions that require a bachelor's degree, or the equivalent, at minimum.  Equivalency is based on education, prior work experience, or a combination of education and work experience.  When work experience is being considered, the rule is that three years of progressive professional experience in the field is equivalent to one year of post-secondary-level education in such field.

This category requires employer sponsorship and the labor certification step.