Scheduling an appointment
- Schedule your advising appointment using the Navigate app. You may access Navigate on a personal computer by logging in to AccessUH and clicking on the EAB Navigate icon. If you have the Navigate app on your phone, you may schedule an appointment that way as well.
- To schedule an appointment, use the location code EDUC – Education Online/Remote Appointments
- Prepare for your appointment by having any questions written down. Putting in the reason for your visit when scheduling your appointment will help your advisor prepare.
- If you find you are unable to keep your appointment, please cancel via Navigate to free up that space for another student.
- Allow the advisor sufficient time to contact you for your appointment. While advisors strive to remain on time, there are times when a previous appointment may take longer than expected.
Advisors’ schedules by program
Teaching and Learning Major or Education Minor
Students with last names beginning with A-Gn
- Advisor: Wendy Berrios
Students with last names beginning with Go-Ng
- Advisor: Fernando Hernandez
Students with last names beginning with Nh-Z
- Advisor: Robert Thomas
Future High School, Art or Music Teachers
If you plan to teach at the high school level or teach art or music, you must major in the subject you want to teach and, in most cases, minor in education. You also must complete the College of Education’s teacher education program. Start the process by talking to the advisor in the department of your major (e.g. English or math, etc.) or an education minor advisor.
Learn About the Education Minor Tracks
Seek advising for the education minor by joining an education minor drop in session listed below. If you cannot join a session listed below, contact Jeylan Yassin at email@example.com to request an individual appointment to discuss your options.
Health Major or Minor
Students with last names beginning with A-G
- Advisor: Emma Morales
Students with last names beginning with H-Pas
- Advisor: Meggan Gittens
Students with last names beginning with Pat-Z
- Advisor: Alexandria Vela
Human Development and Family Sciences (HDFS) Major and Minor
Asian American Studies Minor
Special Populations Minor
- Advisor: Jane Sidwell
- Student Success Coach: Laura Lee
- Appointments: Schedule an appointment via Navigate. Choose the EDUC location and Student Success Coach for the service.
- Services: The student success coach provides guidance, motivation and resources to students who need extra support. She also works with students on academic warning, probation or suspension. In addition, she can help with basic needs such as a shortage of food, homelessness, counseling referrals and more.
- Need immediate assistance with food? Need other help but not sure whom to ask? Email Laura Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drop-in advising for students will be available through MS Teams during the spring 2024 semester. Our advising team invites you to join us online for drop-ins to get your general questions answered quickly. Below are the programs that will participate in drop-in advising.
Health Majors and Health Minors
Thursdays (excluding March 14) | 10-11 am. | Click here to join the meeting
Teaching & Learning Majors & Education Minors
Thursdays (excluding March 14) | 10 – 11 a.m. | Click here to join the meeting