- Houston Food Bank Agency Locator
- Be sure to double-check the hours and requirements of each location.
- You can use any of these pantries if you have your FFC Market ID, the number that begins with HUH0####. You receive this number upon signing up for the Cougar Cupboard.
- Meals on Wheels (for seniors over the age of 60)
- CoogsCARE - On-campus & off-campus resources for food, finances, & more!
Baby Formula - L.I.F.E. Houston
Cougar Cupboard 2: Operated by PEEPS
- Cougar Cupboard 2
- The Cougar Cupboard's second location.
- Provides free food, toiletries, and supplies to students in need.
- Appointment only.
Recipes & Guides
- Produce & Recipe Guides from the Houston Food Bank
- How to Read a Nutrition Label - From the FDA
- SuperCook - Filter Recipes Based on Ingredients You Have
- Grocery Guide: Grocery Stores in Houston & How to Get Groceries Delivered
- Millions of college students are eligible for SNAP. If you are experiencing financial need, we highly recommend looking into utilizing this resource.
- As a note, the Cougar Cupboard CANNOT on SNAP eligibility or applications. Please see the following resources for assistance.
- General SNAP Information
- How to Apply for SNAP in Houston
- Houston Food Bank - SNAP Application Assistance
- SNAP can be used to purchase food, but not cleaning supplies. This guide covers what food can be used as cleaning supplies in order to make the most of your SNAP allocations: Food That Can Be Used As Cleaning Supplies
- UH Financial Literacy
- UH Emergency Loans
- Emergency Rental Assistance
- Worried about rent or eviction?
- CoogsCare - compilation of resources for students covering food, finances, health, transportation, housing, counseling, safety, academics, and general assistance.
- Women & Gender Resource Center
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
- $5 counseling sessions
- Free crisis triage and referrals
- Find Help - food assistance, help paying bills & more reduced cost programs
- AccessHou - A database of resources for agencies working with immigrants in Greater Houston
- Houston Immigration Legal Services Collaborative