Spring 2021 Applications
- Domestic Applicants: November 1, 2020
- International Applicants: October 1, 2020
Individuals seeking to pursue a Sociology Master's degree at the University of Houston should contact the Sociology Graduate Faculty Advisor or Director of Graduate Studies for information, clarifications and latest information. The best method of contact is through email to Dr. Stella Grigorian – firstname.lastname@example.org or to Dr. Kathryn Freeman Anderson – email@example.com.
Individuals should make sure that they have reviewed all of the information on the Sociology graduate webpages, as well as, the webpages of the UH Graduate School.
Information on the online CollegeNet application process can be found at UH Graduate School – How to Apply
- To apply for the Sociology Graduate Studies Program please begin by filling out the online application through CollegeNet.
- Your CollegeNet account will indicate what documents are necessary, which have been submitted and which remain to be submitted. Only a completed CollegeNet application will be considered.
- Presently, there is a $50 application fee for all applicants. This fee needs to be paid at the time of submitting the CollegeNet application. International students have additional fees - If you are an International student, please follow the instructions at the University of Houston International Admissions site. Note that the application fee for International Students is $125 in addition to the $50. All applicants must pay the required application fees at the time of submission of the CollegeNet application. Without the payment of fees, it will not be possible to successfully submit the application.
- Deadlines: Fall Domestic and International applicants should submit a completed application packet by April 15. Review of application will take place when all necessary documents are submitted. International Spring applicants should submit completed applications by October 1. Domestic Spring applicants should submit a completed application by December 1. Partial applications will not be reviewed. Review will take place when all necessary documents are submitted.
- For a list of required application documents click on “Admission Information”
- The Department of Sociology Graduate Program does not accept applications for Summer Semesters.
- Completed Applications will be reviewed by the Sociology Graduate Studies Committee. Official acceptance or denial of the application will be made in writing by the Dean of the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences and sent through regular mail.