- Sociology in Action Series: Bad Apples Come from Rotten Trees in Policing: Pursuing Racial Equity - Dr. Rashawn Ray, David M. Rubenstein Fellow, The Brookings Institution & Professor of Sociology, University of Maryland (March 9, 2021, 3-4 pm CST) (Online Live-Stream)
- Professor Kwan discusses body-shaming in Shape Magazine.
- Graduate Student Hannah Richard, co-authored an article on gender, disability, & sport
- Sociology in Action Series: Harnessing the Altruistic Community in Disaster
- Professor Kwan discusses body size norms in Shape Magazine
- Professor Kwan, YWCA of Houston's 2017 Honoree in Education
- CLASS researcher receives grant from U.S. Department of Labor to examine LGBT workplace discrimination
- The Department of Sociology congratulates Professor Sheila Katz on receiving an AAUW American Fellowship Publication Grant for the 2016-2107 year!
- So... What now? - A Q&A and Panel Discussion
- Dr. Brown and Dr. Grigorian offer new course that allows students to study abroad at home!
- Professor Kwan participates in WGSS event
Dr. Samantha Kwan participates on the panel, "Why WGSS Matters: A Conversation with Community and Academic Leaders," moderated by Dr. Elizabeth Gregory, with Anne Taylor (Vice Chairman and Managing Director, Deloitte), Annise Parker (former mayor of Houston), and Deborah Duncan (TV Host, Great Day Houston, KHOU).
- Professor Salinas Appears on Houston newsmakers
- Sociology congratulates Suezen Salinas for receiving a Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship!
- Marissa Villareal: Giving back allows CLASS undergrad to pay it forward
- Dr. Tatcho Mindiola speaks on Public and Private Sociology: Making a Difference
- Sociology congratulates Prof. Dworkin for having his book nominated for the 2016 Sociology of Education Pierre Bourdieu Award!
- Sociology congratulates Dr. Baumle on her new book, Legalizing LGBT Families!
- Sociology Student Alexandria Mackzum presents at the 11th Annual Undergraduate Research Day.
Representing more than 11 academic colleges and mentored by faculty from a wide range of disciplines, more than 175 undergraduate students will present posters and oral projects at the 11th annual Undergraduate Research Day at 4 p.m. Thursday in the Rockwell Pavilion and Honors College Commons on the second floor of the MD Anderson Library. Read more
- Professor Luis salinas comments on foreign-born forecast
- Sociology congratulates Prof. Lee on his new book, "Tyler Perry’s America: Inside His Films"!
- Professor Kwan comments on new year's weight loss resolutions in the Huffington Post
- Professor Luis Salinas discusses surveillance and privacy issues on NPR's Houston Matters