Welcome to the lab website! Our lab is affiliated with the University of Houston, Department of Psychology. We are conducting various studies concerning how children's understanding of the world changes over time. Particularly, we study infant's and children's language learning as a tool to deepen our understanding of the learning processes. We welcome children who are themselves growing scientists to help us get more insight into these processes.
The Cognitive Development Lab is currently accepting graduate students for Fall 2020. For more information, please visit the Department of Psychology's admissions policy page.
Interested in Us?
Please Click Here to register and participate in our events.
To join the lab as a research assistant Click Here.
Check out our contribution to the Special Issue of Cognitive Science on Mechanisms of Cognitive Development
A special thank you to the following institutions for helping us with our research:
- Discovery Green
- His Place Child Care Center
- Little Genius Club
- Monarch Development School- Riverside United Methodist Church
- Silverline Montessori
- Smaller Scholars Montessori Academy
- Westminster Christian Academy
- West U Methodist School
- Westbury United Methodist Church Day School
- The Westview School
- Casa Carlos Mugica- Argentina
- Centro Vecinal- Argentina
- Duendes Magicos- Argentina
- Guarderia Policial- Argentina
- Guarderia Bajitos- Argentina
- Hogar Tapia- Argentina
- Senderos Centro de Estimulacion Infantil- Colombia
- Yoshida Preschool- Japan
- Nakano Preschool—Japan
- Nakano Nursery School-- Japan
- Yuukikai Preschools—Japan
- Trường Hoa Cúc—Vietnam
- Trường Hoa Phượng—Vietnam
We constantly need help from the community and preschool/daycare institutions! Please contact us to help in our research!