John D. and Allie Lea Orton Scholarship in Religious Studies
The John D. and Allie Lea Orton Scholarship in Religious Studies is made possible through a generous gift to the Religious Studies Program by the John D. and Allie Lea Orton Foundation. It offers financial assistance ranging from $1,000 to $3,000 to full-time UH undergraduate students who are enrolled in the Religious Studies BA degree program and who are either in their junior or senior year.
Priority will be given to college students who are:
- BA students in the Religious Studies Program (students with a minor in the Religious Studies Program are, however, also eligible to apply and may be considered);
- Enrolled full-time and in “Good Academic Standing” with a minimum of 60 completed credit hours at the beginning of the semester for which the Scholarship is sought;
- On track to complete all requirements for graduation within four semesters or an otherwise reasonable time frame from the beginning of the semester for which the Scholarship is sought;
- Qualified for Financial Aid.
- John D. and Allie Lea Orton Scholarship in Religious Studies Application Form: Print, fill out, and email with the materials below to: Dr. Christian A. Eberhart, Director of Religious Studies Program (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Official Degree Plan, and certification from major advisor of academic standing and anticipated graduation date.
- Application Statement, including details of: 1) work, family, community, UH student organization obligations; 2) financial situation, specifying financial need circumstances; 3) amount of financial assistance sought, and justification of this amount; and 4) plan for completing UH degree program.
- Personal Statement: (letter) conveying details of the specific financial need circumstances mentioned in the application, and/or evidence demonstrating the need for the specific amount of scholarship funding requested.
Submit ALL four application documents together (in one email document) to Dr. Christian A. Eberhart, Director of Religious Studies Program (email: email@example.com).
Due Dates: May 1, 11:59 pm for fall semester disbursement; October 1, 11:59 pm for spring semester disbursement. In case of financial emergency, applications may be submitted at any time, and awards will be made as needed and possible.
For further information, please contact: