Seeking students, scholars, researchers, activists, community leaders and dreamers interested in doing public scholarship. Public scholarship is about organizing people, resources and ideas for the greater good. It’s about engaging with our communities.
University of Houston is now part of Imagining America, a movement committed to doing scholarly work that positively impacts the communities of which we are a part. By joining the Imagining America network in Spring 2021, we have embraced a commitment to “connecting, convening, supporting and promoting engaged and public scholars.”
Our work includes organizing around cultural change on our Houston campuses and in our communities, both nationally and here in the Gulf Coast region. Won’t you join us?
- Upcoming Event Join our UH contingent at the Imagining American National Gathering at Tulane University in New Orleans, Friday, October 14–Sunday, October 16, 2022. The theme is "Rituals of Repair and Renewal" and the Call for Papers deadline is June 10th. Whether or not you submit to present work, you can still plan to attend--and bring your students!
- Past Event – March 30th, 3:30 p.m. in the Blaffer Art Museum Courtyard
Come meet others interested in and already doing community engaged scholarship. Refreshments Served.
- Past Event – Nov. 5th, 3:30 p.m. at the Blaffer Art Museum
Our first meet and greet to begin building our network.
- Take the Survey – You can get started on your involvement with IA@UH by taking 5-10 minutes to respond to the following survey. We are interested not only in your current research/practice, but also your ideas on initiatives that could advance IA’s goals in our university, city and region.
- Stories of Change – An Interview with Sixto Wagan, former director of the UH Center for Art and Social Engagement (forthcoming)