Associate Professor of Health & Human Performance
Department of Health & Human Performance
Phone: (713) 743-9849
Fax: (713) 743-9860
Office: 104P Garrison
- B.A. Lincoln University (PA)
- M.A. Case Western Reserve University (OH)
- Ed.D. University of Houston (TX)
- Pearson, D. W. (in press). Black in the saddle: The best bull rider you never saw. Africana Studies: A View on Social Science Research, Vol. 3.
- Pearson, D. W. (2007). A legacy denied: Shadow riders of the American west. Minority Executive Report, 2 (3), 3.
- Pearson, D. W. (2004). Shadow riders of the subterranean circuit: A descriptive account of Black rodeo in the Texas Gulf Coast region. Journal of American Culture, 27 (2), 190-198.
- Pearson, D. W., & Haney, C. A. (1999). The rodeo cowboy as an American icon: The perceived social and cultural significance. Journal of
American Culture, 22 (4), 17-21. (Published April 2001).
- Haney, C. A., & Pearson, D. W. (1999). Rodeo injuries as a function of uncontrolled risk factors. Journal of Sport Behavior, 22, 443-466.
- Pearson, D. W., & Haney, C. A. (1999). The rodeo cowboy: Cultural icon, athlete or entrepreneur? Journal of Sport and Social Issues,23, 308-327.
- Early and Contemporary Sport Forms
- Depictions and Characterizations of Sport
- Sport Program Administration and Professional Preparation
- Socio-Cultural and Historical Aspects of Kinesiology and Sport
- Sport and Fitness Administration