International Concerns & Coursework

Applications & Transcript Evaluation for Applicants with International Coursework


PharmCAS: The UH College of Pharmacy (UHCOP) participates in the Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS), a centralized application service for multiple doctor of pharmacy degree programs. Applicants applying for the Fall 2015 admission cycle will apply through PharmCAS.

UHCOP Supplemental Application: The UH College of Pharmacy requires a Supplemental Application and a Supplemental Application fee ($100) to be sent directly to the UH College of Pharmacy.

Download and complete the 2015 UHCOP Supplemental Application (.pdf).

International Coursework Evaluation:

The College of Pharmacy will only accept and begin the international transcript evaluation process as part of the Fall 2015 supplemental application.  International transcript evaluations for future admission cycles will not be considered at this time. 

Required Materials for International Coursework Evaluation

  • PharmCAS application
  • UHCOP Supplemental application and fee
  • Course by course evaluation conducted by one of the following: 
    • World Education Services Inc.,
    • Educational Credential Evaluators Inc.
    • Josef Silny & Associates Inc.-International Education Consultants
    • Official sealed international transcript(s)
    • Course description(s) and syllabi of course(s) under evaluation
    • All documents must be from the institution and we cannot accept personal translations

When do I submit the required materials?

For Fall 2015 PharmD admission, all required materials should be submitted with the supplemental application. Deadline for Submissions of ALL documents: December 1, 2014.

Applicants who are not applying for Fall 2015: International transcript evaluation packets will not be retained by UHCOP.

What is the timeline for international course evaluation?

Many factors contribute to the timely completion of the course evaluation process; the process can take a few weeks to several months.

UHCOP strongly encourages applicants to enroll in approved pre-pharmacy coursework until you have learned if the international coursework you have submitted has been approved.

Enrolling in approved pre-pharmacy courses is the only way to guarantee that you will fulfill your prerequisites as required. 

All pre-pharmacy math and science courses must be completed by Spring 2015. Any non-math and science pre-pharmacy courses must be completed by Summer 2015.

For the Pre-Pharmacy Course of Study, see

Social Security Number

A valid social security number is required to begin the curriculum for the second year of the Pharm.D. program.

Prior to beginning the second-year curriculum, Pharm.D. students must obtain a student pharmacist intern card from the Texas State Board of Pharmacy. A social security number is needed to obtain this student pharmacist intern card. In order for a student to successfully matriculate through the Pharm.D. program, the intern card must be acquired.

Individuals who do not currently possess a social security number are advised to begin the process immediately through the U.S. Social Security Office.


Students are encouraged to meet with a College of Pharmacy advisor. 

For available dates and times, please visit  

The College of Pharmacy Student Service Center is located in the Science & Research Bldg. 2, Room 122.

Please note: Advisors do not evaluate international transcripts.

Additional information is available on the FAQ page.

Non-pharmacy Degree Programs

The PharmCAS application and other information on this page relate only to prospective candidates for the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) professional degree program. For information on the college's other degree programs, please visit the Prospective Students section.

Additional information about the pharmacy profession is available on the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy website.

Things to remember:

  • Admission to the College of Pharmacy only occurs in the fall semester.
  • Admission to the Pharm.D. program requires the completion of approximately 70 hours of Pre-pharmacy coursework, which takes most students 2-2 ½ (two to two and one-half) years to complete.
  • The Pharm.D. program is a full-time, four-year program. Possession of a pharmacy degree from outside of the U.S. does not decrease the number of years required to complete the Pharm.D. program requirements for graduation from UH College of Pharmacy.
  • All math and science courses must be completed by the spring semester prior to admission into the College of Pharmacy.
  • The Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT) should be taken in the summer or fall of the year prior to admission.
  • The University of Houston does not offer a Bachelor of Pharmacy degree.
  • All Letters of References must be from individuals residing in the U.S.
  • Volunteer/Community Service work is required to be completed in the U.S.