University Commencement Participation Policies are as follows:
- Appropriate academic regalia must be worn by all participants wishing to participate in University Commencement. Arrangments to buy or rent regalia can be made by contacting the UH Bookstore.
- Graduation candidates who complete their academic requirements as set forth by their college are invited to participate in the the University Commencement.
- Candidates should apply for graduation before the deadline and be approved to graduate by their colleges.
- Summer candidates, who would like to participate in the Spring/Fall University Commencements, must be “pre-reviewed” by their College to determine whether all remaining coursework and requirements for graduation can reasonably be completed during the summer semester. Note that this is a pre-review process for the purpose of approval to participate in the Spring/Fall University Commencement ceremony only; formal graduation review will still occur in the final graduating semester. Students planning to graduate in the summer and interested in participating in Spring/Fall University Commencement are encouraged to contact their advisors to confirm they are on a path to summer completion. A degree is conferred once final degree requirements are satisfied, rather than by participating in a commencement ceremony.
- Individual college policies regarding participation in University Commencements may vary. Please see college websites for information.