Where is the Office of Special Events?
Located in Ezekiel W. Cullen Building (Room #111), University of Houston Main Campus, (713) 743-8160.
What types of events does the Office of Special Events coordinate?
The Office of Special Events manages and produces events with a presidential standard of hospitality for the Chancellor/President, and offers assistance to Colleges and Deans, including internal and external constituents.
How many events does the Office of Special Events host a year?
An average of 125 events per year
Whom can I contact if I have questions about an event?
The Office of Special Events will be able to provide contact information for most campus events or refer callers to the University Call Center, (713) 743-1000, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where can I find a venue for my event on campus?
General Purpose Classrooms can be reserved through the Registrar's Office (832) 842-5774; UC Conference and Reservation Services (832) 842-6168.
Where can I get invitations printed on campus?
The Printing and Postal Services Departments supports the mission of the university by providing on-campus centralization of specialists and equipment to assist the faculty, staff and students with high quality printing and mail processes, (713) 743-5900; the Copy Center is a full service copying, printing and shipping store and can be contacted at (713) 741-5200.
Where can I find information on commencement ceremonies?
General Commencement information can be obtained at www.uh.edu/commencement.
Where can I stay when I visit the University for an event?
The Hilton University of Houston is located directly on the UH campus. The Reservation Desk number is (832) 531-6300.
Where can I find athletic ticket information?
www.uhcougars.com, (713) 743-9444
Where can I find information on student events?
Center for Student Involvement, (832) 842-6245
Helpful Hints (Event Dress Codes)
- White Tie means ultra formal. Men wear full dress, with white tie, vest, and shirt. Woman wears long gowns.
- Black Tie means formal. Men wear tuxedoes; women wear cocktail, long dresses or dressy evening separates.
- Formal usually means the same as Black Tie.
- Black Tie Optional means that men have the option of wearing a tuxedo, but it should clue you in to the formality of the event, meaning a dark suit and tie would be your other option. Women wear cocktail, long dresses or dressy evening separates.
- Semi-formal is the trickiest of all dress codes. Usually it means that tuxes are not required, nor are long dresses. For example, an evening event (after 6:00 PM) WOULD STILL DICTATE DARK SUITS FOR HIM, AND A COCKTAIL DRESS FOR HER. Daytime semi-formal events mean a suit for him and an appropriate short dress or dressy suit for her.
- Cocktail Attire means short, elegant dresses for her and dark suits for him.
- Business Attire means suits.