Important information about parking and seating
Parking for commencement will be limited due to campus construction projects. UH Police will closely manage parking on the day of the ceremonies. Please obey all traffic signals and directions from officers and plan for possible delays.
Commencement attendees should expect to park some distance from the commencement venues and will need to walk across campus to their destinations. Please wear clothing and footwear suitable for walking and be prepared for crowd
- Doors will open 1 hour before each ceremony. Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis. As a courtesy to all attendees, commencement guests will not be allowed to hold seats for people that are not present.
- A ticket is required for entry to ceremonies at Cullen Performance Hall. The specific college should be contacted for information on the ticket distribution process of their ceremony. Links to individual colleges’ information is available.
- To ensure being seated in Hofheinz Pavilion, commencement attendees must arrive early. Seating is limited and large crowds are expected. Once the facility is full, doors will be closed and late arrivals must be seated in a designated overflow area in the Science & Engineering Classroom Building (SEC—Building 529), per the Fire Marshal’s instructions.
- The venue will be completely cleared after each ceremony, so arriving earlier than the allotted hour is not necessary.
- Once an attendee has entered the facility for commencement, it is encouraged that they plan to stay inside. Attendees who choose to leave Hofheinz Pavilion prior to or during the ceremonies may be refused re-entry if the Fire Marshal determines the building has reached occupancy capacity. They will be directed to the designated overflow area.
- Each commencement ceremony will be available on live streaming video on the UH website: http://www.uh.edu/commencement/commencement-live/index.php. These ceremonies will also be available for later viewing as UH webcasts.