Social Science Research Council Fellowships
SSRC fellowship and grant programs support innovative knowledge production and building of research capacity in areas of critical social importance.
- Mellon Mays Predoctoral Research Grants: The SSRC-Mellon Mays Graduate Initiatives Program offers three modest predoctoral grants designed to meet specific needs during the doctoral degree process including support for travel, equipment and technology costs, and professional association membership fees.
- DPDF Faculty Field Competition: The DPDF seeks proposals from pairs of tenured faculty in graduate training programs of US universities to design and lead dissertation proposal workshops for graduate students within emerging or revitalizing interdisciplinary fields of the humanities and/or social sciences.
- Abe Fellowship for Journalists: The Abe Fellowship for Journalists is designed to encourage in-depth coverage of topics of pressing concern to the United States and Japan through individual short-term policy-related projects. Not currently accepting publications.
- Abe Fellowship Program: Applicants are invited to submit proposals for research in the social sciences or the humanities relevant to any one or any combination of the following three themes: Not currently accepting publications.
- Traditional and non-traditional approaches to security and diplomacy
- Global and regional economic issues
- The role of civil society
Council for the International Exchange of Scholars Fulbright Programs
Fulbright offers fellowships for scholars to lecture and conduct research in a wide variety of academic and professional fields.
Feminist Review Trust
The Feminist Review Trust is a grant-giving body for scholarship on gender.
The submission and decision deadlines are as follows:
- January 31st submission deadline for March 31st decision
- May 31st submission deadline for July 31st decision
- September 30th submission deadline for November 30th decision
The Helsinki Collegium for Advanced Studies
The Jane and Aatos Erkko visiting professorship in studies on contemporary society: The professorship will focus on themes of topical significance to contemporary society and social justice, including the future of the welfare society, globalization, cultural conflicts, pluralism and environmental issues.
Arts and Humanities
National Humanities Center Fellowships
Most of the NHC Center's fellowships are unrestricted. It also offers fellowships designated for particular areas
American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS) Fellowship Program
ACLS offers fellowships and grants in more than a dozen programs for research in the humanities and related social sciences.
- ACLS Fellowships
- Charles A. Ryskamp Research Fellowships
- Frederick Burkhardt Residential Fellowships for Recently Tenured Scholars
- ACLS Digital Innovation Fellowships
- ACLS Collaborative Research Fellowships. Not currently accepting applications.
- ACLS New Faculty Fellows: by nomination only
- Andrew W. Mellon/ACLS Early Career Fellowship Program Dissertation Completion Fellowships
- Henry Luce Foundation/ACLS Dissertation Fellowships in American Art
- American Research in the Humanities in China
- Comparative Perspectives on Chinese Culture and Society
- East European Studies Programs
National Endowment for the Humanities Fellowships
NEH is supporting research, education, preservation, and public programs in the humanities.
Grant programs and deadlines
America's Historical and Cultural Organizations: Implementation Grants
America's Historical and Cultural Organizations: Planning Grants
America's Media Makers: Development Grants
America's Media Makers: Production Grants
Challenge Grants in United States History and Culture
Digital Humanities Start-Up Grants
Institutes for Advanced Topics in the Digital Humanities
Humanities Initiatives at Hispanic-Serving Institutions
Preservation and Access Education and Training
Newberry Library Fellowship Programs
Fellowships at the Newberry Library provide assistance to researchers who wish to use the library’s collections, but who cannot finance a visit on their own.
The Educational Foundation of America
EFA areas of interest include, but are not limited to, the environment, reproductive freedom, theatre, education, medicine, drug policy reform, democracy, peace & national security issues and human services. There are no deadlines
Society of Antiquaries of London
The Society administers a number of different research funds in areas like archaeology or antiquarian studies. The closing date for all research funds is the Friday of the first full week in January in the year of application
Alfred P. Sloan Foundation
Theatre and film programs The goal of these programs is to encourage the creation of new scripts and works about science and technology.
American Jewish Historical Society(AJHS)
Charitable Foundation, James Marston Fitch
Mid-Career Grants The foundation will award research grants to mid-career professionals who have an academic background, professional experience, and an established identity in one or more of the following fields
- Historic preservation
- Landscape architecture
- Urban design
- Environmental planning
- Architectural history
- Decorative art
National Endowment for the Arts (NEA)
Grants for Arts Projects
- Access to Artistic Excellence
- Challenge America: Reaching Every Community Fast-Track Review Grants
- Learning in the Arts for Children and Youth