- Friday, October 2: Sarah Luna (UH Women's, Gender & Sexuality Studies): “Sex Workers and Missionaries at the US/Mexico Border,” 12pm McElhinney (CCS Brownbag) Flyer
- Wednesday, October 7: Caribbean Film Series screening of the Dominican film La Hija Natural (2011), with discussion led by Dr. Rachel Afi Quinn, 5:30pm, Roy Cullen 105 Flyer
- Friday, October 16: Ricardo Nuila (Baylor College of Medicine): Health and undocumented immigrants in the U.S., 12pm McElhinney (CCS Brownbag)
- Monday, October 19: Esther Allen (Writer and Translator), "The Perils of Polyglossia," 3:00 - 5:00 pm, Roy G. Cullen, Graduate Library (Translation Studies & the English Department)
- Thursday, October 22: Xenia Reloba (Casa de las Americas, Cuba) "Cuba online: the challenge of knowing and communicating in an offline country" 5:30-7:30pm, 304 Agnes Arnold Hall
- Wednesday, November 4: Alberto Salcedo Ramos (Colombian writer) and Daniel Centeno (Venezuelan author): “Literary Journalism in Latin America,”5:00-7:00pm, 210 Agnes Arnold Hall
- Monday, November 9: Dr. Elisa V. Mariscal, Managing Director, Global Economics Group & Expert Advisory Council Member, Instituto Federal Telecomunicaciones (Mexico): "Women in Academia, consulting and government: Are we becoming a competitive threat or is there a market failure?", 1:30-3:00pm, UCBB, Room 510
- Tuesday, November 10: Caribbean Film Series screening of the Cuban film, La Piscina (2011), introduction by Dr. Mabel Cuesta, 5:30pm, Roy Cullen C102
- Wednesday, November 11: Cecilia Ballí (Anthropologist), "Masculinity and Violence at the US/Mexico Border," 1-2:30pm; Panel discussion on themes of the talk: UH professors Sarah Luna, Christina Sisk, Maria Gonzales, 2:30-4pm, Rockwell Pavilion, MD Anderson Library
- Monday, November 16:Javier Álvarez, "Contemporary Music: Notes from a Concept," at the Moore's School of Music, 10:30am-1:00pm, an event aimed at CLASS faculty and graduate students engaged in the Lecture Series organized by the School of Art. RSVP with Anadeli Bencomo for lunch Flyer
- Thursday, November 19: Cristina Rivera Garza (UC San Diego), "Literary Writing in the Digital Era,"4:30-6:00pm, 210 Agnes Arnold Hall
- Thursday, February 4, 2016: Women's, Gender & Sexuality Studies will host professor Aisha M. Beliso-De Jesús (Harvard Divinity School) with Solimar Otero (Louisiana State University): “Electric Santería: Racial and Sexual Assemblages of Transnational Santeria,” 11:30-1pm, 11:30-1pm, Student Center North - Synergy (Rm 212).
- Tuesday, February 9, 2016: Caribbean Film Series screening of the documentary Cimarrón Spirit (2015) about the African roots of Dominican cultural traditions during Semana Santa. Panel discussion to follow with film's director, Rubén Durán, Afro-Dominican singer-songwriter Xiomara Fortuna, Dominican studies scholars Silvio Torres-Saillant (Syracuse University) and Rachel Afi Quinn (University of Houston), with translations by Mabel Cuesta (University of Houston) other guests, 5:30pm - 7:30pm, Graduate College of Social Work Auditorium (Room 101). More information about the week's events and sponsors (UH's Women's, Gender & Sexuality Studies, Hispanic Studies, Department of English, Religious Studies, African American Studies and the Houston Community College Office of International Initiatives) here.