Beatrice and Jesse Mladenka–Fowler Scholarship
The Mladenka-Fowler Scholarship offers financial assistance to full-time undergraduate students who are near to graduation and encounter unexpected, short-term economic hardships that might oblige them to withdraw from full-time progress towards their Bachelors degree.
- Priority given to Liberal Studies majors, then other Comparative Cultural Studies majors and minors, but other CLASS majors may also be considered funds permitting.
- Enrolled full-time and in "Good Academic Standing," with a minimum of 90 completed credit hours at the beginning of the semester for which the Scholarship is sought;
- Priority given to major and minors in the Department of Comparative Cultural Studies (CCS), but other major in CLASS may also apply;
- Qualified for Financial Aid, with priority given to demonstrated, unanticipated short-term financial hardship
- Mladenka-Fowler application form available on the website of the Department of Comparative Cultural Studies, or in hard copy from Ms. Kelly Moore, 232 C McElhinney Hall. Print, sign, and submit with the materials below to Ms. Moore.
- Official Degree Plan, and certification from major advisor of academic standing and anticipated graduation date.
- Student letter documenting first generation status (if applicable), financial situation, and plan for completing UH degree program.
- A letter from UH Faculty or staff person, or outside person such as medical doctor or clergy, who is personally familiar with and can attest to the applicant's qualifications required for this scholarship.
Deadline: May 1st for Fall semester, October 1st for Spring semester. In case of financial emergency, applications may be submitted at any time, and awards will be made as needed.
For Further Information, contact Liberal Studies Academic Advisor, Dr. Kelly Moore.