Beatrice and Jesse Mladenka–Fowler Scholarship
The Mladenka-Fowler Scholarship offers financial assistance to full-time undergraduate students who are near to graduation and encounter unexpected, short-term economic hardships that might oblige them to withdraw from full-time progress towards their Bachelor’s degree.
- Priority given to first generation student in college, qualified for in-‐state tuition;
- Enrolled full‐time and in “Good Academic Standing”
- Completed a minimum of 90 completed credit hours at the beginning of the semester for which the Scholarship is sought
- On track to complete all requirements for graduation within two semesters or
otherwise reasonable time frame from the beginning of the semester for which the Scholarship is sought
- Priority given to majors and minors in the Department of Comparative Cultural
Studies (CCS), but other majors in CLASS may also apply
- Qualified for Financial Aid, with priority given to demonstrated, unanticipated short-term financial hardship
- Mladenka-Fowler [Application Form]
- Official Degree Plan and certification from major advisor of
- Academic standing
- Anticipated graduation date
*This will require you to have a face-to-face meeting with your advisor prior to the due date.
- Student letter documenting:
- First Generation Status (If Applicable)
- Financial Situation
- Plan for completing UH degree program
- Letter of Recommendation from someone who is personally familiar with and can attest to the applicant’s qualifications required for this scholarship. (Does not have to be affiliated with UH)
Submit completed application packet by May 1st (Fall) or October 1st (Spring) to:
Mike Roche, Academic Advisor of Liberal Studies
Charles F. McElhinney Hall, Room 232C.
For further information, contact Dr. Thomas Behr, Director of Liberal Studies, Department of Comparative Cultural Studies: firstname.lastname@example.org.