2021 Volunteer Opportunities
Sock & Blanket Drive
This year’s Staff Council Sock & Blanket Drive will benefit the Star of Hope Mission. Gather your new and cleaned, gently used items to drop-off at various no-contact locations November 1 – December 16, 2021.
Dropbox locations across campus:
- Student Center South
- General Services Building
- E Cullen Room 25 (ground floor)
- M.D. Anderson Library lobby by the turnstiles
- Student Housing
Tue./Thu. 7:30am-12pm and Mon./ Wed. 1pm-4:30pm
Volunteers are needed for the Drive Through Drop Off during December 13-16, 2021.
- Morning TUE/ THU 7:30am-12pm
- Afternoon MON/ WED 1pm-4:30pm
Thanksgiving Meals for Seniors
Staff Council raised over $1,000 to provide 60 Thanksgiving meals to the residents at the William A. Lawson Institute for Peace and Prosperity (WALLIP) Senior Residence located in Third Ward.
Thank you to all who contributed!
The WALIPP Senior Residence is a four-story structure offering independent living for adults age 55 and above, which opened in 2004. It provides 42 two-bedroom and 8 one-bedroom apartments. All amenities comply with the American Disabilities Act. It is located in Houston’s Third Ward community.
3RD WARD COMMUNITY CLEAN UP
Thank you to all who joined the University of Houston Staff Council in partnership with the University of Houston Third Ward Initiative, College of Technology, Keep America Beautiful, and the NFL for the Third Ward Community Clean Up with Jack Yates High School in honor of George Floyd on Saturday, October 30, 2021.
- Carl Davis
- James McKnight
- Jack Yates High School
- Jack Yates National Alumni Association
- George Floyd Foundation
- CHUMP 88
- Blackshear Elementary
- Change Happens!
- Houston Fire Department
- Houston Police Department
- Project Row Houses (PRH)
- Emancipation Economic Development Council
- Holman Street Baptist Church
- Christian Hope Baptist Church
- Trinity East United Methodist Church
- Houston Praise and Worship Center
- University of Houston & UH Third Ward Initiative
- Texas Southern University
- SHAPE Community Center
- Third Ward Super Neighborhood
- Neighborhood Recovery CDC
- Houston National Pan Hellenic Council
- Houston Public Works Department
- Houston Public Waste Department
- Congresswoman Sheila Jackson Lee
- Senator Borris Miles
- Council Member Carolyn Evans-Shabazz
- Commissioner Rodney Ellis
About Events Committee
About Community Outreach (Ad Hoc) Committee