NOTE: Please carefully review the HPAC eligibility requirements and review process before continuing.
It is highly recommended that you complete the following documents using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
STEP I. All HPAC Applicants must first meet with a Health Professions Advisor or complete the 2021 HPAC Applicant Orientation (recorded or live) and submit the following request form in order to open a file with HPAC:
- Open File Request Form (AY 2021). Please sign and submit this form to firstname.lastname@example.org. This will officially open your HPAC File with the Pre-Health Advising Office.
STEP II. After opening your HPAC File, you will be responsible for submitting the following documents by the March 15th, 2021 deadline:
- HPAC Application (AY 2021) and HPAC Application Instructions (AY 2021)
- All information in this document must be current and up to date. Please refer to the HPAC Application Instructions as you complete the form.
- Personal Statement (AY 2021)
- Activities & Experiences Worksheet (AY 2021)
- Use this worksheet to highlight your educational achievements, employment history, volunteer experience and extracurricular activities since your graduation from high school.
- Consider using the AAMC Core Compentencies to contexualize your activities and reflect on why each experience was important for your personal/professional development.
- Be sure to review the HPAC Application Instructions to ensure that your Activities & Experiences Worksheet is properly formatted.
These three documents should be completed, signed, and submitted at the same time to email@example.com. Incomplete forms will not be accepted.
STEP III. In addition to the above materials, you must also have:
- Three Letters of Evaluation (maximum of five allowed)
- Letters of Evaluation should be submitted electronically by the Letter Writer-not by you!
- Each letter should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org along with the Letter-Writer Guidelines Form.
- Two letters must be from BCPM faculty.
- The remaining letters should be from an evaluator who can speak highly of your qualifications for professional schools. Letters from additional faculty, healthcare professionals, job supervisors, volunteer coordinators are appropriate.
- Students in a graduate program are required to include a letter from their graduate advisor.
- PRE-MED APPLICANTS: It is strongly recommended that you obtain a letter from a physician.
- PRE-DENT APPLICANTS: It is required that you obtain a letter from a general dentist.
STEP IV. After all of your HPAC Application materials have been received, you will be assigned an HPAC evaluation date. HPAC evaluations are held weekly from March-June.
Following your evaluation, you will be provided feedback of your application materials as well as your individual HPAC consensus recommendation.
STEP V. Once you are ready to submit your medical or dental school primary application. You will need to:
- Select the Committee Letter Packet option within the TMDSAS, AMCAS, AADSAS, and/or AACOMAS application.
- List Dr. Gregory Spillers, Director of the Pre-Health Advising Center as the primary contact person.
- Submit the completed Letter Packet Submission Request to email@example.com.
- If applicable, also submit the AMCAS Letter Writer Request Form and/or the AACOMAS/AADSAS/Interfolio electronic letter-request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have questions? Please contact the Pre-Health Advising Center.