Mary F. Love, PhD, RN
Assistant Professor of Nursing
- PhD, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Cizik School of Nursing
- MSN, University of Texas Health Science Center Houston School of Nursing
- BSN, University of Texas at Austin
- Wednesday 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Cardiovascular nursing
Research Interest: The impact of psychological, social/cultural, behavioral, and biological factors on early recovery of stroke survivors. This interest focuses specifically on the relationships between resilience and stroke outcomes in diverse populations. We hope to improve stroke recovery through interventions that target psychosocial factors such as resilience.
- Love, M.F., LoBiondo Wood, G., Wardell, D.W., & Beauchamp, J.E.S. (2020). Resilience and associated factors in patients with cardiovascular disease: A systematic review. European Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing (conditional acceptance, pending revision).
- Beauchamp, JES, . . . Love, MF. . .et al. (2020). Caregiver Burden and Associated Factors among Informal Caregivers of Stroke Survivors. Journal of Neuroscience Nursing, (in press).
- Love, M.F., Sharrief, A., Wood, G.L., Cron, S.G., & Beauchamp, J.E.S. (2020) The effects of meditation, race, and anxiety on stroke-survivor resilience. Journal of Neuroscience Nursing 52(3):96-102. doi: 10.1097/JNN.0000000000000509
- Fournier, L.E., Beauchamp, J.E.S., Zhang, X., Bonojo, E., Love, M., Cooksey, G., Hinojosa, E., Okpala, M.N., Savitz, S. I., & Sharrief, A. Z. (2020). Assessment of the progression of poststroke depression in ischemic stroke patients using the Patient Health Questionnaire-9. Journal of Stroke and Cerebrovascular Disease 29(4): 104561. doi: 10.1016/j.jstrokecerebrovasdis.2019.104561
- Love, M.F., Sharrief, A., Chaoul, A., Savitz, S., & Beauchamp, J.E.S. (2019). Mind-Body interventions, psychological stressors, and quality of life in stroke survivors: A systematic review. Stroke, 50, 434-440. doi:10.1161/STROKEAHA.118.021150