The Department of Computer Science at the University of Houston hosts a career fair each Fall and Spring semester. The Computer Science Career Fair is an avenue for current CS students and companies to connect and discuss rewarding opportunities such as internships, co-ops, and full-time positions.
Computer Science Virtual Career Fair - Fall 2021Wednesday, September 15, 2021
Virtual via CougarPathway
Check out UCS's recorded workshops on the UCS Youtube channel
- Student Tutorial Video - watch this recorded video on how to navigate the virtual career fair in CougarPathway. Note that this video was recorded by University Career Services for a different career fair student.
- How to Navigate PDF (go to page 2) - review this for step-by-step instructions on navigating the viritual career Fair in CougarPathway.
Do you need assistance with preparing or editing your resume? Unsure of what to expect at the career fair or need advice on how to prepare? The department invites UH Career Services as well as company representatives to review resumes prior the fair.
Career Fair Details and Policies
Dress Code Policy - required attire is business professional. We adhere to the dress code policy outlined by UH Career Services. Students who fail to follow the dress code policy may be removed from the Career Fair until they are in compliance. Take a look at this infograph for reference.
The Fall 2021 Computer Science Career Fair will be held virtually through CougarPathway (powered by Symplicity) in partnership with University Career Services. This portal requires employers to utilize their own video platform (e.g. Zoom, MS Teams, Webex, etc.).
Registration fee: $300 for the virtual career fair. A reduced rate for non-profits and government entities is available. Inquiries regarding the reduced rate can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Registration opens: Tuesday, June 15, 2021
Registration deadline (preferred): Wednesday, August 18, 2021
Registration deadline (final): Wednesday, September 1, 2021
- Register for the Fall 2021 Computer Science Virtual Career Fair via CougarPathway
- Your registration status will be marked as pending
- An invoice and payment link/instructions will be emailed within 2-3 business days of submitting your registration.
- Submit your payment online or via check.
- Within 2-3 business days of payment, your registration status will be confirmed in CougarPathway and receipt will be emailed.
If you have questions or need additional information regarding the career fair, contact email@example.com.