These procedures apply only if choosing to apply for the E-3 classification from within the U.S. through a filing with the USCIS.
Important Note: Only Human Resources is authorized to sign USCIS E-3 forms on behalf of the UHS University.
The hiring department is responsible for completing, signing, and submitting to the Immigration Specialist the following forms:
1. Copy of offer letter (does not apply in E-3 extension cases)
5. Employee Checklist-Questionnaire (for the E-3 worker)
Please do not wait for the filing check(s) to be cut in order to submit this paperwork to the Immigration Specialist. The prevailing wage determination and Department of Labor certification steps can be started while the check(s) are being processed.
The UHS University is responsible for payment of the E-3 fee. This fee cannot be passed onto the E-3 employee.
- $460 for each E-3 filing with USCIS.
- Optional $2,500 Premium Processing fee for expedited USCIS service.
* Fees are subject to change.
Keep in mind the following when submitting the vouchers:
- The vendor number is 0000051939.
- Comment on voucher that the check(s) must be sent to your Department or held for pickup by the Immigration Specialist, and not directly to USCIS.
Office of the General Counsel
Mail Code: 2028