Skip to main content

Benefits Updates

Save Money on Your Commute

Benefits-eligible employees of the University of Houston have a new benefit: Commuter Spending Accounts (CSAs). CSAs are similar to flexible spending accounts such as TexFlex in that they allow you to set money aside on a pre-tax basis for work-related parking or mass transit.

There are two types of CSA accounts:

  • Parking Account: This can be used for parking expenses near your workplace or at a location from which you commute to work via public transit or vanpool, such as a Metro Park and Ride. Please note that if you pay for UH parking via payroll, you are already using pre-tax dollars and do not need a CSA for this expense.
  • Transit Account: This can be used for bus, train, or vanpool expenses that are used to get to and from work. Please note that the IRS does not consider gas or tolls to be eligible expenses.

For more information and to learn how to enroll, please go to the Commuter Spending Account page. You may also call HR at 713-743-3988 or contact the Commuter Spending Account plan administrator, ADP, toll-free at (844) 884-2364 Monday–Friday, 7 a.m. –7 p.m. CT.