- Hilton College was founded in 1969 by hotel icon Conrad N. Hilton and is consistently ranked among the top hospitality programs in the world.
- Many of our faculty members are internationally recognized researchers who are involved in cutting-edge research projects with industry partners.
Hilton College is the most diverse hospitality program in the world, with over 30 countries representing our student body.
- There are more underrepresented minorities in our doctoral program than in any other hospitality Ph.D. program in North America.
- Students consistently rank Hilton College faculty and classes at the top among the other University of Houston colleges when evaluating overall teaching effectiveness of instructors, overall quality of courses, the instructors’ availability for individual assistance, and the instructors’ demonstration of respect toward students.
- Our tripartite Master of Science in Global Hospitality Business with partners Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne and the School of Hotel and Tourism Management at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University is ranked No. 2 in the world by Eduniversal Group.
- The Hilton University of Houston, which is part of Hilton College, serves as the teaching facility for our lodging students – 70 percent of our hotel team members are students. We are the only hospitality program in the world where students work – and take classes – in an internationally branded, full-service hotel.
- Our state-of-the-art wine lab, the Spec's Beverage & Food Appreciation Laboratory, is dedicated to wine education and research, and offers tastings as well as food demonstrations.
Our new Sysco Student Kitchen features $1.3 million in renovations and top-of-the-line appliances, equipment and technology that includes four state-of-the-art cooking stations that give it the functionality of an exhibition kitchen.
- Our bi-annual career fairs feature recruiters from some of the top hospitality companies in the world.
- Our Ph.D. in Hospitality Administration program boasts 100% job placement rate five years in a row.
- The Hospitality Industry Archives, the world's largest repository for the hospitality industry, are located in the Massad Family Library Research Center at Hilton College. The archives offer more than 3,000 linear feet of artifacts, papers, memorabilia and more from iconic hospitality companies.
- The Hospitality Industry Hall of Honor, created in 1995 to recognize the accomplishments and contributions of some of the industry’s most iconic figures and brands, is housed at Hilton College.
- Hilton College hosts 10 student organizations, many of which have affiliations to national professional associations. These include the nation’s largest student chapter of the National Association for Catering and Events (NACE) and the student chapter of the Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals (HFTP).