Following guidance from the University of Houston, departments within the Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services are reopening when and where we safely can.
Many offices began to open on August 10, 2020, and all offices should be open and staffed by the beginning of classes on August 24, 2020. Many staff members may continue to work remotely when possible to help keep faculty, staff and students safe and minimize exposure to COVID-19.
We are updating this page regularly as we reopen or change our remote operations. Please check the other tabs to see how other departments are currently serving students, or how to reach staff members.
The University continues to update its COVID-19 page with campus-wide notices, as well as resources for faculty, staff and students. Students and employees are reminded that face coverings will be required while on-campus in many circumstances to protect the health and safety of the Coog community.
Also, CoogsCARE has information about student assistance and emergency aid.
Office of the Vice Chancellor/Vice President
Open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Email: uhdsaes@ uh.edu
- Phone: 713-743-5390
The Center for Student Involvement will be open beginning August 17 from 9am – 5pm. If you are unable to come to campus, please contact us at the below contact information for assistance.
Campus Traditions and Programs
Michael Crook: macrook@ uh.edu
Leadership and Civic Engagement
Katy Kaesebier: kkaesebier@ uh.edu
Registered Student Organizations
Ja’Nelle King: jsking8@ uh.edu
We are also posting updates and engagements on social media @uhcsi and on our website.
CSM is concerned with the development of students, focusing on critical thinking, leadership, ethics, collaboration, intercultural competence, goal-setting, and ultimately degree attainment. While our students are engaged in producing and promoting media channels and content, our goal is to ensure they are learning to become better thinkers and leaders in the process.
Monday – Friday
10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Appointments with advisors and media services before office opening or after closing hours can be scheduled with advance notice at email@example.com
The Center for Fraternity & Sorority Life has reopened effective August 10 and is working on a limited on-site staff. However, all staff are available (either remotely or on-site) to assist. To be directed to the appropriate team member, call the Center for Fraternity & Sorority Life front desk at 832.842.4955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Student Centers reopened on August 10. Our hours of operation are:
- 7:00 am – 9:00 pm Monday – Thursday
- 7:00 am – 10:00 pm Friday & Saturday
- 1:00 pm – 9:00 pm Sunday
You may still access our Information Desk and Conference and Reservations Live Chat feature Monday – Friday 7:00 am – 7:00 pm and 8:00 am – 5:00pm respectively.
Please be sure to follow us on social media @uhstudentcenter as we will be sharing important information as it becomes available.
A.D. Bruce Religion Center will re-open beginning Monday, August 10th. The hours of operation will be reduced to the following hours:
August 10 – 23
- Monday – Friday: 7am – 6pm
- Saturday – Sunday: CLOSED (Open only for scheduled events; weddings/worship services)
August 24 – December 23
- Monday – Friday: 7am – 7pm
- Saturday – Sunday: 7am – 5pm (Open longer for scheduled events/reservations)
We can be reached by phone or by email at (713) 743-5050 or email@example.com.
Throughout the building, there will be signage to acknowledge physical distancing practices. Please follow the associated guidelines when visiting the building and the University of Houston campus. Additional information about policies and protocols can be found on the UH COVID-19 (Coronavirus) page.
The Center for Students with DisABILITIES (CSD) hours of operation are: Monday-Friday, 8-5.
You might find the answer(s) to your question(s) on our COVID-19 FAQ page. This information will be updated regularly.
If you need Extended testing time: Please inform your instructors and they will extend your time. If you have any questions about this or would like any other assistance with your accommodations please contact your CSD counselor.
If you need to speak with a CSD Counselor:
- Cheryl Spadaccia, Director: 713-743-5395
- Crystle McDonald, Assistant Director: 713-743-5460
- Ciara Evans, Counselor 713-743-0927
If you need to speak to someone about Interpreting/Captioning services:
- Interpreting/Captioning Services Team
- For General Questions: contact (713) 743-5400 or UHCSD@central. uh.edu
Beginning August 24th, on-campus services will be offered by APPOINTMENT ONLY at the Health 2 Building for:
- individuals in acute crisis
- individuals without access to technology or privacy needed for teletherapy services
All other services will continue to operate via Teletherapy (phone and video). We can be reached at 713-743-5454, 24/7. If your call is after business hours (8am-5pm), please follow the prompts to speak to the after-hours counselor or to leave a voice message. Please check the Counseling and Psychological Services website for the most current program information.
Campus Recreation is committed to supporting UH students wherever you are with a variety of virtual recreation opportunities. Follow Campus Recreation on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook to participate in remote workouts, challenges, live group fitness classes, and eSports.
The Campus Recreation and Wellness Center is open with modified operations and we are eager to welcome you to the facility for in-person workouts. All in-person workouts require a reservation. Please visit the homepage for the latest information regarding facility hours, activities, and operational modifications.
The Student Health Center location is currently operating in a limited capacity but, we will return to normal operations on 8/24/2020. All aspects of the clinic, will be open and available to our students, including Psychiatry, Women’s clinic, General Medicine, Lab and Pharmacy. Call us at 713-743-5151 to schedule your appointment. For all appointments, students are required to come with their own masks or the appointment will have to be rescheduled.
During normal business hours, you may contact us at 713-743-5151 and we will assist you with any appointments and questions that you may have.
We encourage you to visit the Student Health Center website for any updated information.
Our campus pharmacy continues to be open and will return to normal business hours any questions can be answered by calling 713-743-5125 or visiting the campus pharmacy website.
For the safety and convenience for our students, the Student Health Center will offer both in-person and telemedicine and telepsychiatry visits. We’re excited to be open to our student population and look forward to servicing your medical needs on campus.
Clinic contact number: 713-743-5151
Campus Pharmacy: 713-743-5125.
After business hours, please contact the Memorial Hermann Nurse Health Line at 713-338-7979.
The University of Houston is committed to keeping students safe and understands that this is a very challenging time for our campus community. Due to the stay at home Work Safe order given by Harris County, UH Wellness will suspend in-person services and operation of the Cougar Cupboard until further notice. If you are in need of food during this time, the Houston Food Bank Partner Locator will help you find locations near you. Please refer to the Cougar Cupboard website for more information. Continued updates from the University of Houston on COVID-19.
Live on Campus
Interested in living on campus? Apply today for fall or spring housing by completing your application through the myHousing portal in AccessUH. Visit the SHRL Department COVID-19 FAQs for detailed information about living on campus.
The Center for Diversity and Inclusion (CDI) will reopen August 17, 2020. Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
For the fall 2020 semester, all programs will be held virtually.
We will still be available to assist you through phone and/or email. For question please contact our center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713-743-3653.
For all other CDI updates please follow us on social media. Twitter: @UH_CDI Facebook and Instagram: @UHCDI
The University of Houston Children's Learning Centers (CLC) has reopened. The Centers’ revised operational hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Children’s drop-off and pick-up hours are between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. You can contact us at email@example.com or 832-842-0500.
Monday through Friday a CIR staff member will be in the office from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. Staff will alternate days each week with one staff member working on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday one week then Tuesday and Thursday the following week.
Program Director, John Shiflet
Program Manager, Leah Singer
Recommended CDC, State, and Local Guidelines were used in the creation of the University of Houston COVID-19 Safely Returning to the Workplace Guide.
The University recommends limiting events and meetings that require close contact. The University encourages the use of virtual meetings instead of physical meetings. When physical meetings are necessary, individuals must practice social distancing and use face covers.
Personal hygiene is an individual responsibility. Please complete a wellness check prior to coming to campus each day. Do not access the CIR lounge space if you are feeling ill for your safety and the safety of others.
Lounge Safety RulesLounge:
- All Community Check-In’s will be done via Zoom until further notice. When Community Check-In’s are held in person, the following precautions will take place:
- Each group will be limited to no more than eight students in order to safely fit staff and students in the lounge space six feet apart.
- All students and staff will be required to wear masks.
- All students and staff will be required to utilize hand sanitizer prior to entering the lounge and on the way out.
- All students and staff will be required to wipe down the chair they used during the group.
- Personal hygiene is an individual responsibility when using the lounge.
- No more than ten students in the lounge at any time.
- We ask that you limit your time in the CIR lounge space to two hours at a time in order to limit exposure and give other students the opportunity to utilize the space in case it is at capacity
- All students in the lounge are required to wear a mask at all times.
- All students will be required to keep a distance of six feet when possible.
- If a student uses a computer they are required to wipe down the keyboard and desk space with lysol wipes both, prior to and after use.
- If a student uses the printer for more than just retrieving printed documents, they are required to wipe down the printer with lysol wipes before and after use.
- If a student uses the microwave, they are required to wipe down the number pad and handle with lysol wipes before and after use.
- If a student uses the coffee pot, they are required to wipe down the handle with lysol wipes before and after use.
- If a student makes coffee in the coffee pot, they are required to wipe down the coffee ground holder handle and the coffee pot handle with lysol wipes before and after use.
- If a student uses the refrigerator, they are required to wipe down the door handle with lysol wipes before and after use.
- If students play ping pong they are required to wipe down ping pong paddles and balls prior to and after use.
- If a student uses the Expo dry erase markers to use the white board, they are required to disinfect the entire marker with a Lysol wipe prior to and after use.
- All Recovery Meetings will be held via Zoom until further notice.
- When Recovery Meetings are held in person, the following precautions will take place:
- No more than ten students in the meeting at one time.
- All students must sit six feet apart.
- All students and staff will be required to wear masks.
- All students and staff will be required to utilize hand sanitizer prior to entering the lounge and on the way out.
- All students and staff will be required to wipe down the chair they used during the meeting.
- Individual Sessions
- All students wanting to meet face to face for an individual session must make an appointment 48 hours prior to the visit.
- Students will complete an appointment via Calendly that will determine if the student is safe to be seen.
- All staff and students are required to wear masks during the session.
- All staff and students are required to sit six feet apart.
- All students are required to wipe the seat down prior to and after use of the chair.
- SOS Leadership Program
- All biweekly mentor and mentee meetings will be held virtually
- All workshops will be held virtually
- Career Ready Coogs and UCS Walk-In Hours
- All UCS Walk-In meetings will be held virtually
- All Career Ready Coogs meetings will be scheduled held virtually will be scheduled via Calendly
Dean of Students staff are working remotely, but same-day assistance available.
Specific staff member's email addresses are on our staff contact page.
Currently enrolled students are eligible for some financial relief due to an unforeseen situation related to your academic success. Emergency loans are available.
To better protect students, faculty, and staff from COVID-19, ISSSO staff will continue to work remotely to assist you, by telephone and email during the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday. We do not accept walk-ins without being pre-arranged. Please email your documents and inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can schedule an appointment with an advisor online.
Please submit documents under 5mb if possible. It is best to use a phone app such as Cam Scanner to submit documents in PDF format and indicate your UH ID in the subject line. Use email:
- For any questions
- To submit all applications
- CPT/RCL/STEM OPT extension and other applications
- OPT applications after attending the virtual OPT workshop
- Please indicate your UH ID in email subject line
- ISSSO staff will follow up with your inquiries with instructions You can continue to schedule an appointment with an advisor, but all appointments will be remote. The advisor will contact you in advance with instructions.
If you wish to obtain the original documents, you can email email@example.com a USPS pre-addressed and pre-paid mailing label or mail us a pre-addressed and pre-stamped envelop to our office including the UH ID and which document you are inquiry about.
If you have an urgent matter needing to see an ISSSO staff, please call or email us to make the arrangement.
During the Fall 2020 semester, our physical space will be open, but the majority of our programs will be online. Please check our calendar to see the many programs and workshops we have planned.
We are available to assist you Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM through email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 713-743-5463, or in-person at a social distance with masks.
Finally, please be sure to check out our social media. We have Facebook Instagram and Twitter all @uhlgbtq
Please visit our website or Cougar Pathway to find a calendar of all virtual career fairs and events. We also continue to offer virtual chats with career counselors. Click on the live chat button on the bottom right of our website.
UEP staff will continue to work to assist you, by telephone and email during the hours of 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
We understand the need for our students to have as much of a typical semester as possible and we are committed to providing that experience. For a list of events please view our calendar.
Some examples of matters we can assist with via email include:
Appointment, Request for events and partnerships, DREAM.US Scholar Questions, and Cantu Scholar Questions
The safety of our students and staff remain our priority during these times as we seek to return to a regular schedule. If you have any questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or call 713-743-6032.
Although the Women and Gender Resource Center office space will be open on campus, for the continued safety of all participants we will be offering all of our programs virtually until further notice. Social distancing and face masks will be required in our office at Student Center North, room 201.
Our entire WGRC team is here to support you, and we are committed to making our programs and services accessible to students, faculty, and staff regardless of physical location.
To contact us, reach out by phone (832.842.6191) or by email.
Our Teams Virtual Office will continue to be open through the Fall Semester as well. Students may access our Virtual Office from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. We are using MS Teams for text and voice chat in real time.
Team: UH Veteran Service Virtual Office
Code to join: 13qkggj
Students may schedule appointments with VS Staff using the EAB Navigate App.
To mitigate the risk of COVID-19 and to practice social distancing, Welcome Center Admissions staff will be providing limited services in-person starting August 17. To speak to an admissions representative, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at (713)-743-1010 (option 4), or through a virtual appointment.
The Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid is committed to assisting UH students through the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Students are encouraged to email email@example.com or call 713-743-1010 (option 5) with questions, or schedule virtual appointments through Navigate.
- Contact Center and Virtual Appointment Hours through August 14, 2020:
Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Contact Center and Virtual Appointment Hours August 15 – 28, 2020:
Monday – Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Fridays, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Saturdays, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Students impacted by the disruption of campus operations due to Coronavirus may apply for funding from the Federal CARES Act or the Cougar Emergency Fund.
- Students experiencing longer-term impact from COVID-19 can request a Financial Reconsideration Appeal by contacting SFA by email or phone.
- Have your UH ID ready to provide your ID number when contacting SFA.
- Be sure you have completed all items on your To Do List in your myUH portal.
- For information on how to upload requested documents to your To Do List items, please visit Document Upload Instructions.
To mitigate the risk of COVID-19 and to practice social distancing, Welcome Center OUR staff will be offering limited services in-person by appointment only starting August 17. Our Call Center is still open to assist students Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. You can reach a representative at (713)-743-1010 or firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, we are now accepting virtual appointments, which may be scheduled via the Navigate app. Learn more about contacting OUR staff and scheduling virtual appointments.
To mitigate the risk of COVID-19 and to practice social distancing, the Welcome Center will be providing limited services for the Fall 2020 term:
Fall 2020 Welcome Center Hours
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday- Thursday
9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Friday
Starting August 10
Cashier's office for cash only
Starting August 17
Admissions Front Counter
By Appointment Only | University Registrar, Scholarships & Financial Aid, Student Business Services
You can reach a representative at (713) 743-1010. We will also be available via email. Please visit our various department websites for more information.
We offer programs and services that address mind, body, and spirit. Our students have many fitness and athletic options to explore and have access to excellent healthcare services.
We help students get involved on campus to better develop leadership skills, character, and discipline. We create global citizens who are ready to contribute to the world.
We provide opportunities for students to acheive their goals by offering services that complement their academic experiences. We support students' general needs that, when met, provide a foundation for academic and personal success.
Living in a residence hall provides access to many services and resources, as well as the support to focus on academics and the experience of being a part of a diverse community.
We support prospective and admitted students through a variety of resources and touch points throughout their college life-cycle that lead to retention and timely graduation.
Thank you to these donors from DSAES for supporting UH!
- Dr. Daniel M. Maxwell,
- Ms. Suzanne L. Harrington,
- Dr. Raven L. Jones,
- Ms. Janelle Renee Brown,
- Mr. Kenneth Mauk,
- Mr. Keith T. Kowalka,
- Mr. Lawrence Daniel,
- Mr. Ghazanfar Ali,
- Ms. Georgeann W. Smith,
- Miss Alicia V. Whitmire,
- Ms. Briget A. Jans,
- Mr. Kamran Riaz,
- Ms. Hope Suzanne Pacheco,
- Ms. Janet Clemenson,
- Mr. John A. Shiflet,
- Ms. Gayle D. King,
- Mrs. Maria Rendon,
- Mrs. Katina D. McGhee,
- Mr. Anthony D. Stott,
- Ms. Kimberley R. Monroe,
- Mr. Eura C. Miles
Jessica Rubinsky joins UH Wellness as new assistant director of sexual violence prevention and education program
UH Wellness is proud to announce that Jessica Rubinsky has joined the staff as the new assistant director of the sexual violence prevention and education program.
The Office of Enrollment Services Communication and Marketing (ESCM) won four Excalibur Awards from the Houston chapter of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA). The Excalibur Awards honor outstanding public relations professionals, programs, and tactics.
Las Comadres College Mentoring Program just got a big boost to help reach its goal of helping first-generation Latina students connect and develop relationships with Latina faculty and staff at the University of Houston.
The Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services honored almost 20 staff members and departments for their exemplary work during the 2020 fiscal year this week.
Join us in welcoming two new members to the University of Houston LGBTQ Advisory Board: Julianne Knowles, director of primary care for the University Eye Institute, College of Optometry and "mama bear" of a transgender youth; and Eric Schell, Houston-based artist and founder and president of nationally-renowned Pride Portraits.
2018 – 2019 Student Affairs and Enrollment Services Annual Report
UH at Sugar Land
UH at Sugar Land is a location of the University of Houston and home to many UH programs. The Division of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services (DSAES) provides support services and events throughout the academic year. All students are invited to use these resources. Learn more about the DSAES departments at UH at Sugar Land.
UH at Katy
The University of Houston at Katy brings Tier One higher education to a growing region rich in ambition, drive and vision. The 80,000-sq.-ft-facility features state-of-the-art labs and studios for students pursuing studies with the UH College of Nursing and the UH Cullen College of Engineering.