University Career Services
University Career Services (UCS) is a full-service career center offering students and UH alumni resources and assistance in the formulation and implementation of their career plans. In addition to supporting students, UCS provides recruiting and hiring opportunities for local employers. Please, see the resources and services below:
Student & Alumni Career Resources
- Cougar Pathway is a hub for students and alumni to engage with UCS. Cougar Pathway allows students and alumni to schedule career counseling appointments, RSVP for events and workshops, and apply to job opportunities (internships, on-campus jobs, part-time and full-time jobs).
- Students can access Cougar Pathway by logging into AccessUH and clicking the Cougar Pathway icon.
- To schedule an in-person appointment or a drop-in session, please log on to Cougar Pathway through AccessUH.
- Visit our Virtual Drop-in hours during the following days and times using beginning, Monday, August 23 and ending on Friday, November 19, every week, Monday-Tuesday from 2-3:30 p.m., and Wednesday-Thursday from 10-11:30 a.m.
- To access virtual drop-ins log into our MS Teams drop-in channel. Students must use UH email to gain access.
- For quick questions, students may also text chat with a Peer Career Advisor using a Virtual Chat Platform by clicking on the Live Chat button on the University Career Services website. Virtual chats are open Monday-Tuesday from 10-11:30 a.m., Wednesday-Thursday from 2-3:30 p.m., and Friday from 10-11:30 a.m. and 2-3:30 p.m.
- We will host workshops virtually using the Microsoft Teams platform. Please log on to Cougar Pathway through AccessUH to view upcoming virtual workshops and for more details.
Employer Recruitment Resources
Recruit & Hire
- UCS provides Sugar Land and Fort Bend County employers with the opportunity to recruit and hire UH students and alumni. Interested employers can follow the steps below to create an account within our online job board, Cougar Pathway. Cougar Pathway allows employers to post internships, part-time jobs, and full-time opportunities based on employer qualifications and preferences. We encourage all employers to review our Employer Recruiting Policies prior to beginning the registration process.
- Step 1: Create an account: Visit our How to create a Cougar Pathway account PDF for instructions
- Step 2: Post a job or internship: Visit our How to post a job or internship in Cougar Pathway PDF for instructions
- UCS hosts multiple types of recruitment, hiring, and professional development opportunities. The primary way to recruit is through virtual or in-person career fairs. Visit the UCS Career Fair page for events, information, and registration.