Order of Omega is a national honor society, founded in 1959 at the University of Miami, to recognize those individuals in the fraternity and sorority community for their service and achievements. The purpose of the Order of Omega is threefold:
- To recognize those students who have attained a high standard of leadership in inter-Greek activities, to encourage them to continue along this line, and to inspire others to strive for similar conspicuous attainment.
- To bring together the most representative fraternity and sorority members, and to create an organization which will help to mold the sentiment of the institution on questions of local and intercollegiate affairs.
- To bring together members of the faculty, alumni and student members of the institution's fraternities and sororities on a basis of mutual interest, understanding, and helpfulness.
Each year, the Kappa Tau chapter at the University of Houston selects qualified members to join the Order as a celebration and recognition of their leadership in their organization, the FSL community, and the greater campus community. Only up to 3% of members of the University of Houston fraternity/sorority community are eligible to join the order per academic year.
Eligible students must meet the minimum qualifications:
- Must have completed at least 60 credit hours
- Must be a currently enrolled student
- Must be currently active in a University of Houston fraternity/sorority recognized/supported by CFSL
- Must have a cumulative Grade Point Average above 3.00
- Paola Alvaro Monzon, Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc.
- Mylene Andrade, Kappa Delta Chi Sorority, Inc.
- Landrie Barker, Delta Zeta
- Rebecca Bekele, Alpha Chi Omega
- Minnae Bellard, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- DeCalvis Butler, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
- Haley Conley, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc.
- Caleb Daniel, Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc.
- Kayla Ehman, Delta Gamma
- Jasmine Gonzalez, Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc.
- Stephanie Haddad, Chi Omega
- Alexandra Lee, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Natalie Martinez, Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc.
- Amari Outlaw, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Angela Romero, Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc.
- Catherine Rosen, Zeta Tau Alpha
- Ileana Sankey, Chi Omega
- Autumn Waters, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- Chayse Williams, Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Jessica Maidlow-honorary member, Delta Gamma