Essential Skills Workshops
More than 2 out of 3 students who come to CAPS report that anxiety is their main concern.
Luckily, very effective techniques and self-help methods exist that can help you feel less depressed and more in control of your anxiety. And the best thing is, you can implement these on your own, with just a little bit of knowledge and practice.
CAPS is proud to offer a new updated Anxiety Toolbox workshop that will teach you the skills you need to know to feel more in control and better equipped to deal with the challenges in your life.
- Anxiety Toolbox: These workshops helps you to understand and implement some of the latest strategies for preventing and managing excessive and debilitating anxiety and live a calmer and more balanced life.
What is the structure of the essential skills workshops?
Workshops are much like attending a class. Students meet 1 hour each week for 4 weeks. Each week a CAPS clinician will provide attendees with new information and guide students to practice new techniques they can implement in their lives.
Each week will cover a new topic on a 4-week rotation. The workshops are designed to be started at any point and you do not have to wait for the next Anxiety 101 to get started.
- Anxiety 101 – What You Need to Know,
- Anxiety 201 – Coping Strategies,
- Anxiety 301 – Taming Your Thoughts,
- Anxiety 401 – From Avoidance to Acceptance.
When and where do the workshops take place?
We offer essential skills workshops on Mondays at 10 am (Virtual) and Thursday at 2 pm (Hybrid). Ask your CAPS counselor for more information to find the workshop that works best with your schedule.
Can I just show up to an Essential Skills Workshop?
No, essential skills workshops are only for CAPS clients and you will need to be referred to a workshop by a CAPS counselor. If you would like to learn skills to better manage anxiety or depression, you can attend a triage appointment and let your counselor know. They will then help you determine if an essential skills workshop is a good fit for you.
Is a workshop a good fit?
A workshop may be a good fit for you if:
- You are having a hard time dealing with your worry or anxiety
- You are the type of person who doesn’t just want to talk about your issues but want to know what you can do about your situation and how to take action.
- You are motivated to learn new skills and ready to implement changes on your own.
Here is what students say:
“It has assisted on putting my life back on track”
“It helped me to be more aware of the situation around me and provided me with several coping/ improvement methods”
“It was very insightful”
“Topics and methods are very helpful”
Ready to take the next step?
Attend a free triage appointment to get your needs assessed and see if a workshop is right for you