UHCOP Golf Classic 2017 - Monday, June 5
Wildcat Golf Club, Houston
12000 Almeda Road, Houston, TX 77045
Registration Deadline: Tues., May 30
Register Online Now (payment required for online registration)
Download Brochure & Registration Form (.pdf)
7-7:55 a.m. Registration and Practice
8:00 a.m. Shotgun Start
1:00 p.m. Lunch, Sponsor Recognition and Awards
Please join UHCOP alumni, faculty, students and friends in supporting UH Pharmacy education through scholarships and awards for student travel to leadership and professional development meetings and programs.
This year, players will be taking on the challenging Highlands Course at Wildcat Golf Club, a 6,954-yard course with four Par 3 holes, 10 Par 4 holes and four Par 5 holes.
The entry fee for individual players and teams includes a round of golf, range balls, gift, lunch, and tickets for 3 drinks (water, soda or sports drinks only; snacks and alcoholic beverages and energy drinks may be purchased from course at player's expense). The individual entry fee is $165, with funds above the Fair Market Value of $110, supporting UH Pharm.D. students.
The following sponsorship levels are available:
- Platinum/Lunch Sponsor $5,000 (FMV $880) – includes 8 indivdual spots or 2 team foursomes; headline listing on signage and in program
- Gold $2,500 (FMV $440) – 4 individual spots OR 1 team foursome; headline listing on signage/tees/greens and in program
- Silver $1,000 (FMV $220) – 2 individual spots; 2 sponsored tees/greens; and listing on signage and in program
- Red & White $500 (FMV $110) – 1 individual spot; 1 sponsored tee/green; and listing on signage and in program
Those who cannot join us on June 5 or don't play golf can still support Pharm.D. students with a $150 Cougar sponsorship. The college also welcomes in-kind gifts of goods and services in appreciation of player support.
Thank you, 2016 Sponsors and Players/Teams!
UH College of Pharmacy extends its sincere thanks to the 2016 UHCOP Golf Classic sponsors and players for supporting UH Pharm.D. students. Read full story here; view photos from the tournament on the college's Flickr page.
UHCOP and the Golf Tournament Committee extend their sincere appreciation for the 2016 Golf Classic sponsors:
- Gold – Jeffrey B. Harrison ('05) and Jennifer Harrison ('05);
- Silver – Brookshire Brothers, Katherine Clouser Hunt (’12), Chi Ngo-Chen (’02) and RSM US LLP, and Walgreens;
- Red & White – Doug Eikenburg, Melchor Garza (’92), Don Lackey (’81), Kip Lackey & Pitney Bowes Foundation, Magnolia Pharmacy, and David (’98) and Sarah (’00) Wallace; and
- Cougar – Joe Ickes (’73) and Marsha Ickes (Bauer ’80), and Jim Rutan (’92).
In addition, the following businesses and individuals provided In-kind Gifts to help thank tournament participants: ClubCorp Golf Clubs (Lake Windcrest Golf Club/Panther Trail Golf Club), Doug Eikenburg, FastSigns/truecolorGRAPHICS/University Copy Center, Golfsmith, Greenpark Compounding Pharmacy, Kendra Scott Jewelry, Chip Lambert, Luby’s Fuddruckers Restaurants, Laura Sampson & UH Mens Basketball, Smith & Wollensky, Smoothie King, and UH Sports Equipment & UH Football.
The top teams at this year's tournament were:
- First Place, Low Gross Score – Melchor Garza ('92), Johnny Hargroue, Chuck Kneip ('92), and Jim Rutan (’92);
- Second Place, Low Gross Score – Steve Barnett, Fred Emmite ('77), Dick Schneider, and Rick Schneider ('04);
- First Place, Low Net Score – Paul Lott ('84), Denis Rottler, Jeff Ewing, and Clayton Boyd ('10); and
- Second Place, Low Net Score – Chuck Posterick ('77), Leslie Myers ('94), Terrence Kennedy, and Phil Erdmann.
Winners of the individual competitions were student Sarah Theriault – Closest to Pin and Andy Haeggquist, Pharm.D. ('13) – Longest Drive.
Are you interested in helping the UHCOP Golf Committee plan a bigger and better tournament in 2017? Please contact committee co-chairs Doug Eikenburg or Liz Coyle for volunteer opportunities or suggestions.