UHCOP Golf Classic 2018 - Monday, June 4
Wildcat Golf Club, Houston
12000 Almeda Road, Houston, TX 77045
Register & Pay Online NOW
View 2018 Brochure & Registration Form (.pdf)
Join UHCOP alumni, faculty, students and friends in supporting UH Pharmacy education through scholarships and awards for student travel to leadership and professional development meetings and programs.
New for 2018:
In addition, prizes will be awarded to each player on the Low Gross and Low Net teams and individual prizes will be awarded for Closest to the Pin and Longest Drive.
The entry fee for individual players and teams includes a round of golf, range balls, gift, lunch, and tickets for 3 drinks (water, soda or sports drinks only; snacks and alcoholic beverages and energy drinks may be purchased from course at player's expense).
The individual entry fee is $165 (Fair Market Value: $110), with the remainder supporting UH Pharm.D. students through the Golf Tournament Scholarships, Student Travel Fund, and other non-Research, education-focused needs not supported by State funding (technology upgrades, patient care lab/compounding lab equipment or supplies, etc.).
The following sponsorship levels (and the associated Fair Market Values) are available:
- Platinum/Lunch Sponsor $5,000 (FMV $880) – includes 8 indivdual spots or 2 team foursomes; headline listing on signage and in program
- Gold $2,500 (FMV $440) – 4 individual spots OR 1 team foursome; headline listing on signage/tees/greens and in program
- Silver $1,000 (FMV $220) – 2 individual spots; 2 sponsored tees/greens; and listing on signage and in program
- Red & White $500 (FMV $110) – 1 individual spot; 1 sponsored tee/green; and listing on signage and in program
Those who cannot join us on June 4 or don't play golf can still support Pharm.D. students with a $150 Cougar sponsorship (FMV: $0).
The college also welcomes In-Kind Gifts of goods and services in appreciation of player support. Please contact Mary Reed at 713-43-1252 with inquiries related to In-Kind Gifts.
2018 Event Schedule:
7-7:55 a.m. Registration and Practice
8:00 a.m. Shotgun Start
1:00 p.m. Lunch, Sponsor Recognition and Awards
Thank you, 2017 Sponsors and Players/Teams!
UH College of Pharmacy extends its sincere thanks to the 2016 UHCOP Golf Classic sponsors and players for supporting UH Pharm.D. students. Read the full story here; view photos from the tournament on the college's Flickr page.
UHCOP and the Golf Tournament Committee extend their sincere appreciation for the 2017 Golf Classic sponsors:
- Gold — Jeff Harrison (Pharm.D. ’05) & Jennifer Harrison (Pharm.D. ’05), and Walgreens;
- Silver — Brookshire Brothers;
- Red & White — Doug Eikenburg, Donald Lackey (B.S. ’81), Kip Lackey & Pitney Bowes Foundation, LLW Consulting Inc., Randalls/Tom Thumb/Albertsons, and Jim Rutan (B.S. ’92); and
- Cougar — Bruce Biundo, R.Ph. (B.S. ’61), Chi-Ngo Chen, (Pharm.D. ’02), Charles Kneip (B.S. ’92), and Kathy Ryan.
In addition, the following businesses and individuals provided In-kind Gifts to help thank tournament participants: Beautiful Day Spa, Chipotle, Liz Coyle, Doug Eikenberg, Golf Galaxy, Houston Rockets, Kendra Scott Rice Village, Chip Lambert, Luxy Lashes and Skin, Pot Belly, Salata, Sweet Moment Nail and Pedi Spa, and Vincent Ford Custom Apparel.
The top team and individual competitors at this year's tournament were:
- First place Low Gross team — Melchor Garza (B.S. ’92),Johnny Hargroue, Charles "Chuck" Kneip (B.S. ’92) and Jim Rutan (B.S. ’92);
- Second place Low Gross team — Thomas Chen, Donald Lackey (B.S. ’81), Kip Lackey and Louis Williams;
- First place Low Net — Clayton Boyd (Pharm.D. ’10), Frank Hawthorn, Paul Lott (B.S. ’84) and Frank Hawthorn;
- Second place Low Net — Patrick Birney (M.S. ’14), David Curlee, Dan Metzen and Jimmy Washburn;
- Closest to the Pin competition winner — Clayton Boyd (Pharm.D. ’10); and
- Longest Drive competition winner — Pharm.D. student Sarah Theriault.
Are you interested in helping the UHCOP Golf Committee plan a bigger and better tournament in 2018? Please contact committee co-chair Doug Eikenburg or Liz Coyle for volunteer opportunities or suggestions.