Annual Enrollment is your opportunity to make changes to your benefits without experiencing a qualifying life event (QLE) such as birth or marriage. All insurance changes will become effective on September 1, 2019.
You have from July 1 until July 13 to make your elections. If you need HR assistance, the HR Service Center is open from 7:30-5:00 Monday through Friday.
What's New for FY2020?
- KelseyCare HMO will no longer be available in the Houston area. All current KelseyCare members will automatically be moved into HealthSelect, administered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas.
- Delta Dental will become the administrator for the State of Texas Dental Choice and DHMO plans. There will be no change to the monthly premium for the DHMO plan. The premium for the State of Texas Dental Choice plan will decrease slightly.
- The State of Texas Dental Discount plan will be going away and current members will be dropped. If you want to have dental coverage in FY2020, you will need to select either the DHMO or the State of Texas Dental Choice plan during Summer Enrollment.
- Total out-of-pocket maximums for in-network services with Health Select will change from $6,650 to $6,750 for individuals and $13,300 to $13,500 for families.
- Contribution limits for TexFlex health care accounts will now be $2,700 instead of $2,650.
- For persons in the Consumer Directed Health Select plan (high deductible plan) the new health savings account maximums will be $3,550 for individuals and $7,100 for families.
For more information about changes to ERS insurance benefits, please go to their Summer Enrollment web page.
- Full-time employees will continue to have 100% of their premium paid and 50% of their dependents' premiums paid.
- Part-time employees will continue to have 50% of their premium paid and 25% of their dependents' premiums paid.
- Evidence of Insurability (EOI) will not be required to add dependents to health insurance.
- IMPORTANT: If you have a Qualifying Life Event (QLE) during the Open Enrollment period, you cannot update your benefits online. Please come to the HR Service Center at 325 McElhinney so we can assist you!
Go here next for ERS login instructions.