Annual Enrollment is your opportunity to make changes to your benefits without experiencing a qualifying life event (QLE) such as birth or marriage. All insurance changes will become effective on September 1, 2018.
If you work for more than one State of Texas employer, you may have a different open enrollment period, so please look at the information sent to you by ERS. Otherwise, you have from July 2 until July 21 to make your elections. If you need HR assistance, we can assist with benefits enrollment any time between before noon on July 20, 2017, although you may still enroll online on July 21. The following times have been dedicated for the HR Service Center to have an ASL Interpreter on call: TBA
- Enroll in medical benefits from a waived status;
- Enroll in or change to one of the three dental plans offered;
- Enroll in the State of Texas Vision Plan;
- Enroll in Voluntary Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance;
- Drop employee and/or dependent coverage;
- Add or apply for dependent coverage;
- Apply for Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Dependent Term Life, or Optional Term Life Insurance. Please note Evidence of Insurability (EOI) is required; and
- Drop, enroll in, or change TexFlex elections.
- Full-time employees will continue to have 100% of their premium paid and 50% of their dependents' premiums paid.
- Part-time employees will continue to have 50% of their premium paid and 25% of their dependents' premiums paid.
- Evidence of Insurability (EOI) will not be required to add dependents to health insurance.
- IMPORTANT: If you have a Qualifying Life Event (QLE) during the Open Enrollment period, you cannot update your benefits online. Please come to the HR Service Center at 325 McElhinney so we can assist you!
Go here next for ERS login instructions.