- Readmission Agreement: You were suspended from a College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences major and you are seeking readmission to a College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences major.
- Readmission Contract: You were suspended from a college other than the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences and you intend to pursue a major in CLASS.
(Click here for additional information on Academic Suspension criteria and procedures)
Deadlines for CLASS Readmission
|Semester of Enrollment||Deadline to Submit Application and All Credentials to UH Admissions|
|Spring Term||November 1|
|Fall Term||June 1|
- Suspended students are required to apply for readmission using the ATA, pay a $50 application fee, and submit all credentials by the readmission deadline.
- Deadlines as well as college specific procedures and requirements for readmission from suspension will be found at http://www.uh.edu/admissions/apply/re-apply-former-student/.
- This new procedure insures students will have an official, complete academic record, including any transfer work attempt while suspended.
- Readmission to the College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences is not granted for the Summer Semester.
- Admissions Criteria http://www.uh.edu/admissions/apply/Re-apply-Former-Student/index.php
- Once your application is complete through UH Main Campus Admissions, the college will be notified.
- An e-mail will be sent to you from the college regarding the status of your application no later than one week after the final application deadline for the term for which you have applied.
If the preliminary decision is approved:
- Student will be required to schedule a readmission appointment with their intended CLASS major advisor.
- After meeting with intended major advisor, student will be required to schedule an appointment and meet with CLASS Dean's Level Advisor in 320 Agnes Arnold Hall (AH) by specified deadlines.
A CLASS Readmission Agreement/Contract will be required which will include additional requirements including, but not limited to, mandatory meetings with Learning Support Services, a Career Counseling Session, and appointments with a CLASS Dean's Level advisor.
- Student must have no financial balance due or financial holds on their UH records.
- Documents required, including but not limited to:
- Statement of Readiness
- Unofficial transcripts from other institutions which must have been already submitted to UH Main Campus by student
- Completed CLASS Readmission Agreement application.
- Students must have all required documents at the time of the initial meeting with CLASS Dean's Level Advisor in 320 AH
- 100% of course work during the term of acceptance must be in the College of Liberal Arts & Social Sciences and at least 50% must be in the intended CLASS major. Non compliant courses will be dropped with no guarantee of refund.
- Readmission is neither automatic nor guaranteed.