College of Liberal Arts
and Social Sciences
The University of Houston
402 Agnes Arnold Hall
Houston, TX 77204-3000
- You are a first time in college freshman (FTIC) in your first semester.
- You have earned less than a 2.00 semester GPA (below a C average) in your first semester of enrollment at UH.
- You have 29 or less total semester hours of credit.
- This is not probation, and you CANNOT be suspended at this time.
- Academic Notice applies only to your first semester. If you do not earn a cumulative GPA of 2.00 during your second semester, you will be placed on academic probation.
- Mandatory advising is required prior to enrollment for students on academic notice or warning.
- A mandatory advising stop will be placed on your record for each semester when your cumulative GPA falls below 2.00.
- You can enroll in no more than 12 credit hours each semester (fall or spring) until your cumulative GPA is 2.00.
- You can enroll in no more than 5 credit hours in Summer Session 1 or Summer Session 4, or 10 credit hours in Summer Session 2 or Summer Session 3.
- If you enroll in more than the allowed credit hours, your records will be checked in the first week of each term and you will be dropped from courses in order to bring your credit hour total within the allowable totals. You will not be guaranteed a refund and you may not have time to choose your own adjustments if you do not do so prior to the first day of the term.
Students with MORE than a 13 month interruption in enrollment
- Effective for Fall 2011, if you are ready to return after an interruption of at least four terms or 13 consecutive months, you will need to apply for readmission as a former student. Regardless of academic standing, you will need to meet re-entry requirements and deadlines and pay the $50 readmission fee in order to be readmitted and enroll. The Fall 2011 Readmission application will be available on April 1, 2011. Former undergraduate students who have questions pertaining to readmission should contact the Academic Advisor of their intended readmitted major.
- Admissions Criteria http://www.uh.edu/admissions/undergraduate/apply-transfer/admissions-criteria/index.php